chances we land samuel or clements? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

chances we land samuel or clements?

I say our chances are VERY good. Why? Because we can spend most of the cap money on just one FA; Asante Samuels. There are no Offensive players worth the big bucks in Free Agency, and the Dolphins can focus on Offense in the Draft. Lastly, anyone who would take Nate Clements over Samuel after the year Samuel had is just not watching football. He IS THE BEST Cornerback in football.

with the post-season games asante has had i doubt the patriots will not want to re-sign him. if he does become a FA why not?

They both want huge paydays and there is a ton of teams in really good cap potential!

60%, im not so sure about that. Personally I think the Phins will use the $ to spend on Offensive players. O-Line/WR seems to be priority one. Not to mention we finally have an offensive minded coach. Besides, Capers built good defenses in the past thru the draft and ours is still pretty good. Id rather biuld on what we have on that side of the ball than drop a crap load on one of those 2 guys. JMO.

I disagree. I think joining the #4 Overall Defense is MUCH more appealing to FA than playing with a shaky oline and unpredictable qb situation.

I say our chances are VERY good. Why? Because we can spend most of the cap money on just one FA; Asante Samuels. There are no Offensive players worth the big bucks in Free Agency, and the Dolphins can focus on Offense in the Draft. Lastly, anyone who would take Nate Clements over Samuel after the year Samuel had is just not watching football. He IS THE BEST Cornerback in football.

Samuels has had a good career but this year in particular his play went off the charts......and definitely had a better year than Clements.

But if you compare the entire career of both CB's, Clements has been much better and more consistant.

Both players will demand a big payday and unfortunately both will easily get it from either their home team or someone else.

I'd like to see NE resign Samuels but if they can't work out a contract I totally expect to see the franchise tag place on him. That would keep him in NE for around 7.5-8 mill. There is no way the Pats will allow him to shop as a free agent without getting atleast a 1st rd draft pick as compensation. The cost to resign him is going to cost NE big bucks but its going to cost another team big bucks plus a 1st round pick. :wink:

We "need" to upgrade OLine in FA...because there are no OLineman in the draft worth a top ten pick.

Plus, it is not realistic. Especially since Mueller stated his priorities are speedy WR and a rushing OLB.

i could care less about either of them,their both not the kind of player i would like on this team,,their all about the money,,,yea yea i know what your going to say,you would be all about the money too,yada,yada,yada,,there are more professional classy ways about gettin paid without beatin your chest and puttin tatoos on your arm to get it. I don't trust either of them,,period

I would love for Miami to sign Samuel, but there is "NO WAY" the Patriots let Samuels go elsewhere. If he doesn't sign a deal with the Patriots then they will place the franchise tag on him. Haven't seen the actual salary cap status of the Patriots right now, but as I recall they were way under the cap this past season.

Lastly, anyone who would take Nate Clements over Samuel after the year Samuel had is just not watching football. He IS THE BEST Cornerback in football.

Samuel stepped it up this year in order to get a big contract. He wasn't all that great in previous years, at least in comparison to this past season. I think he'll be the Shaun Alexander of CBs: he'll turn that great year into a big payday, and then suddenly and "mysteriously" he'll have a drop-off.

Nate Clements is the better bet, except there are plenty of teams who need him that have more money than we do.

Everybody is saying we are going to spend a bunch of money on OL FA's. What OL FA's. There isn't much out there. Grimm is probably gonna bring Max Starks with him to Arizona and the price on Leonard Davis isn't going to fit his talent. We aren't that desperate. We can draft a LT in the second or third round and we have a lot of Olineman in our organization returning healthy next year. Asante Samuel looks like the real deal. He may actually be worth a huge buck.

even tho are secondary doesn't have the biggest name guys, i feel they played pretty well. are d-line helps them out alot

i'd love either one im going to say 60 percent chance we land one of these guys you dolfans?

Not likely, we're low on cap space (relative to other teams) and the offense needs more help. I'm thinking they target someone for the OL like Dielman from the chargers. If they can get a quality CB that would be a bonus. Also, the Bills and Patsies aren't going to want to let them go, especially to a division rival.

For my 1,000 post I think Clemants will get tagged in Buffalo which is fine. Samuels has really inpressed me and I heard somewhere that the Pansies are not gonna dish out a ton of money to him(even though he deserves a hefty raise) and might let him walk. If they don't tag him I would be shocked and they would be stupid.

Back
Top Bottom