chances we land samuel or clements? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

chances we land samuel or clements?

Clement made an agreement with Buffalo he wouldn't be tagged this year.

OL And LB will be addressed in free agency!!

Draft will be D

I actually think it will be in reverse....we've tried addressing OL in free agency before and it just doesnt work. It seems like the draft would do us better.

i'd love either one im going to say 60 percent chance we land one of these guys you dolfans?

Given our cap room, I'd say we have a better chance of getting Samuel Clemens than we do either Samuel or Clements. I for one would enjoy seeing Mark Twain prowl the secondary in seersucker and white linen, terrifying wideouts with his caustic wit and snot-knocking hits.

I'd say the chances are closer to the 5 to 10 % range. We don't have apressing need for CB. Of course, either of these players would be an upgrade to our current roster but there are bigger needs to fill right now. I'm actually hoping that we stay away from the big name free agents this off season. Our cap situation is better than what is was 2 years ago but it wouldn't be wise to go on an all out spending spree. we also have to make some tough decisions with our own players (e.g do we keep Vonnie?)
The only top name that interests me would be Dielman but he will cost a lot and we might get outbid.

i'd love either one im going to say 60 percent chance we land one of these guys you dolfans?

I keep reading posts that say the defense is fine. And while that's true, it's very deceptive. Our defense lost us 3 or 4 games this season easy, or better said, our secondary lost us 3 or 4 games this season. 3 games can take you from 6-7 to 9-7. That is a HUGE difference. 9-7, though not lately, can get you a wild card berth.

With a single addition to this defense, we may very well be able to be the Chicago Bears of '07/'08(competing mainly due to defense) and that single addition is Nate Clements. If we spend big money on one FA, it should be him.

I think Samuel will be franchised. If not Mangini will be all over him.

I actually think it will be in reverse....we've tried addressing OL in free agency before and it just doesnt work. It seems like the draft would do us better.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but there's a player or two in FA that would be an instant improvement. This guy in particular would be a solid pickup in FA:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396794

I'm not sure of Toledo and if he will be able to contribute this year. On the flip side though, better too many good linemen than none at all.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but there's a player or two in FA that would be an instant improvement. This guy in particular would be a solid pickup in FA:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396794

I'm not sure of Toledo and if he will be able to contribute this year. On the flip side though, better too many good linemen than none at all.
\

who would be a good guy to pick in a draft, and do you think will poole will come back???

\

who would be a good guy to pick in a draft, and do you think will poole will come back???

I doubt Poole will be back, great potential, but constantly injured.

For the first part of your question, if you mean a lineman, then Dan Mozes isn't looking too bad, and neither is Kalil from USC. An upgrade at center works for me as well as a guard or tackle, seeing as there's no way we get Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom