chances we land samuel or clements? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

chances we land samuel or clements?

ohiobryan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i'd love either one im going to say 60 percent chance we land one of these guys you dolfans?

60%, im not so sure about that. Personally I think the Phins will use the $ to spend on Offensive players. O-Line/WR seems to be priority one. Not to mention we finally have an offensive minded coach. Besides, Capers built good defenses in the past thru the draft and ours is still pretty good. Id rather biuld on what we have on that side of the ball than drop a crap load on one of those 2 guys. JMO.

I don't think we will get either one. First of all, they will not come cheap, and CB IMO is not a major need right now and I think our money is going to have to be spent wisely. Like on a O-Lineman or LB.

Miami ranks 20th in the NFL in salary cap room. That's all you need to know.

The chances of landing either are very, very slim, unless they'd be willing to accept less coin for the opportunity to play on one of the NFL's best defenses. And if that's the line we're going to use to persuade one of these two, I would hope we target Clements instead of Samuel.

Our chances are VERY slim.
Samuel wants a huge payday.
Clements is probably going to ask for alot of money too.

i would like samuel but he will break the bank with his new deal.
he really helped himself the last few games.

we still need a clear #1 at the corner position, our secondary still has a bunch of questions imo and we dont really have a clear leader. its a young secondary in which i like but we are still not comming up with that many interceptions and are still struggling with deep balls and penalties. we need to add a veteran in that secondary to help instill a fear in the opponents qb that we have been lacking since the days of sammy mad and pat surtain...a guy like clements or samuel would fit in very nicely and it would be nice to steal such a good player from a division rival

Isn't Adalius Thomas a F/A this year? If so, that's the guy we need. There's not a more of a play maker in a 3-4 scheme in the NFL then him. He's a beast. He's very athletic for his size.

Isn't Adalius Thomas a F/A this year? If so, that's the guy we need. There's not a more of a play maker in a 3-4 scheme in the NFL then him. He's a beast. He's very athletic for his size.

San Francisco is expected to make a big push for him, and they have more money to throw at him than we do.

Either one would be absolutly fantastic but, i think that in my opinion of course Capers and Mueller are goin to make Adalius Thomas are #1 FA target.
I also think Cam Cam and Mueller are goona look at Chris Dielman & Lenord Davis

Both would be great choices, especially Samuel. At 25-years old, he's already developed & established. I think Nate Clements, as a better known name, will wind up being paid more $ though.

Personally, I see us going after Adalius Thomas or Lance Briggs as the top priority.

Back
Top Bottom