Change D-Bo? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Change D-Bo?

Can D-Bo cover? Spragen is pretty good isn coverage I'd like to re-sign him too.

I think both of their resignings would hinge on whether or not Cam and Mueller want to do an overhaul of the roster... continuity would be nice, but this team is due for a serious infusion of youth into both sides of teh ball... Saban helped with that a LITTLE BIT, but also added some very old veterans who, while still effective, can't play at the level for much longer... this team needs youth to be waiting in the wings (or starting) in the event that guys like ZT or JT call it quits, or if we dont resign or if we cut Carter, Holliday, Traylor, etc...

I think both of their resignings would hinge on whether or not Cam and Mueller want to do an overhaul of the roster... continuity would be nice, but this team is due for a serious infusion of youth into both sides of teh ball... Saban helped with that a LITTLE BIT, but also added some very old veterans who, while still effective, can't play at the level for much longer... this team needs youth to be waiting in the wings (or starting) in the event that guys like ZT or JT call it quits, or if we dont resign or if we cut Carter, Holliday, Traylor, etc...

Cam did say this team could have won more games than they had this season. So I'm guessing he would keep either one or both.

The Dolphins have done this with Bowens the last two years. In 2005, Saban identified him as the only other guy on the roster besides Taylor who could play the "OE" position. They have not used him there a ton, but he has done it with some frequency. In fact, there was an article before last season where Bowens talked about how much he enjoyed getting to play some LB, because it's what he did in college.

Bowens is a free agent, though. So, it depends on how much some other team is willing to pay him.

Adalius Thomas is too old to throw that big dollars he is going to expect at him. Especially for the phins...he is going to be 30 by the time the season starts. IMO he isn't really a hall of fame linebacker that it would be acceptable to throw large dollars at an older age to. I like him but he is too old.

Obviously he's not a hall of famer but he's definitly a better fit than D-Bo would be, he's more athletic than Bowens for sure, Ray Lewis said that Thomas is the most athletic person hes ever played with. He's also much more expierenced at Linebacker than Bowens. He's a revered pass rusher and would fit Dom Capers blitz happy scheme perfectly. As for money, he's worth it, imo. He's as close as you get to a sure thing for the next 3-5 years.

:lol:

When I read the title I thought you meant David Boston.

And he has the size and speed to play OLB too.... :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom