Change D-Bo? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Change D-Bo?

johngarryvo

The Voice
Reaction score
(imo) Dom should try David Bowens as 'weak side' linebacker...give the "3/4" Dolphins this look: JT/Channing/Zach/D-Bo...holla..

D-Bo is crazy athletic for a defensive end. How many other defensive ends are on the punt and KO coverage teams and are often downfield and in on the tackle? I certainly think he could play that same hybrid LB / DE role like JT does, or could even play LB fulltime.

(imo) Dom should try David Bowens as 'weak side' linebacker...give the "3/4" Dolphins this look: JT/Channing/Zach/D-Bo...holla..

Nah, he be a much better fit on the "strong side".

OR.... we could try and get Adalius Thomas in Free Agency. I think that would also work:lol:

That is a very good idea and I think if he comes back next year and if they decide to move him to OLB he can be very successful and he has enough speed to keep up with tight ends and running backs in coverage.

you know, i actually like this idea, taylor was a monster this year and i think bowens could be productive doing this.

i do agree..that if we go to a full time 3-4 kick spragan out and insert Bowens and just rotate JT and Bowens from left to right to get JT the better match up

It's a possibility now, as because it looks like there is a strong possibility that Dom Capers will be moving the defense towards more of a pure 3-4.

It's worth noting though, that David Bowens is a Free Agent, and it's a position the team could look at getting a younger talent in to play opposite JT.

a odd thought but i mean can d-bo frop back in coverage???? if he can than maybe it might almost sorta possibly be an option!

PS: wut are Phins Dollars???

That is a very good idea and I think if he comes back next year and if they decide to move him to OLB he can be very successful and he has enough speed to keep up with tight ends and running backs in coverage.

I believe he was a LB in college.

OR.... we could try and get Adalius Thomas in Free Agency. I think that would also work:lol:

Adalius Thomas is too old to throw that big dollars he is going to expect at him. Especially for the phins...he is going to be 30 by the time the season starts. IMO he isn't really a hall of fame linebacker that it would be acceptable to throw large dollars at an older age to. I like him but he is too old.

Can D-Bo cover? Spragen is pretty good isn coverage I'd like to re-sign him too.

It's a possibility now, as because it looks like there is a strong possibility that Dom Capers will be moving the defense towards more of a pure 3-4.

It's worth noting though, that David Bowens is a Free Agent, and it's a position the team could look at getting a younger talent in to play opposite JT.

the key would be to get a Manny Lawson type player...granted, Manny is a freak when it comes to athletics, but there are a decent number of players out there who can play DE/OLB, and providing a pass rushing LB to compliment JT would be a HUGE addition to our defense... if our secondary isnt vastly improved, the best thing we could do for them was give them a pass rush to reduce the amount of time they have to spend in coverage... a strong front seven can really cover the weaknesses of a weak secondary, never the other way around...

Back
Top Bottom