Change Sides | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Change Sides

Heinegrabber

Since 84
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I heard the announcers say that Wallace and Hartline dont change sidse of the field. How have we been getting away with that or have we?

Im not sure how much that is true. I believe Hartline has played both sides.

If true it would totally go against everything Philbin believes in as it relates to WR's needing to play every position on the LOS.

I'd like to see them play on the same side occasionally.....lets create the matchup we want, much like NO did.

Its not true, on the very next play after the announcer said that Wallace was out wide on the left and hartline was in the slot.

Incidently, from memory, I believed the very next play after it was commented on by Gruden [I think] Wallace lined up outside left with Hartline in the Slot let.

Overall, it's not a big deal, but... like the snap count, eventually it will drive a 'samness' to what defenses are seeing and will drive tendencies. More movement/motion etc. would be great, but it's a long season, and a large part of it is Sherman getting used to all the pieces. Gotta remember, Wallace and Gibson are brand new, Clay and Miller playing in different roles - plus Sims and Egnew are new [Can't count last year for Egnew] - so he's just figuring what they, along with the OL can do... that takes time.

I'm really going to want to see some developments post bye week when they will have had 5 weeks to really delve into - I suspect this will be the first big in season step change for the coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom