Change the playoff system!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Change the playoff system!!!!

SDFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
here's my post from another thread:

----------

If Denver had beaten Chicago at home (a very winnable game), and we beat the Texans (another winnable game), then we could have gone 11-5 and still missed the playoffs due to losing the tiebreaker to Tennessee. This playoff system has got to be fixed by adding another wild card team. Cincy or the Ravens might be 9-7 and still get in. Think about it.

i new someone was gonna complain about this....not much we can do about this....go figure we are the team screwed out of it....the whole problem was, we had so much talent, we SHOULDVE not even been in this predicament...

yeah, no need for a system change.....people that get screwed by this system should have won their divisions in the first place.....Teams should have to adjust to the system, ...not the sytem adjusting to the teams.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
yeah, no need for a system change.....people that get screwed by this system should have won their divisions in the first place.....Teams should have to adjust to the system, ...not the sytem adjusting to the teams.

Ok, so we split with New England, they go 13-3 and still win the division and we're sitting at 11-5 with our crank in our hands and out of the playoffs....The system isn't working....

Miami's 10-6, if that's how it ends, will not be a strong 10-6. We beat one playoff team (Dallas) or perhaps two (Baltimore), and lost to the Pats, Eagles, Titans and Colts.

It's no injustice that Miami won't make the playoffs. The Fins had their chances, and came up short. Repeatedly.

Bob Kraft, The Great and Wonderful Owner of the Patriots proposed a change to the playoff system, adding a 7th team, last year, to the NFL directors.

It didn't go over very well.

I believe it will be proposed again.

Team with best record gets the only bye. Then the other three division winners will be home teams in the first round, playing the three wild cards.

It's not the system that sucks, it's the underachieving Dolphins. They should have been at least 13-3 this year. Any team that loses 4 games at home should not be in the playoffs. Show me a playoff team that has lost 4 at home? That's right, you can't.

The system is fine.

Originally posted by NEM
Bob Kraft, The Great and Wonderful Owner of the Patriots proposed a change to the playoff system, adding a 7th team, last year, to the NFL directors.

It didn't go over very well.

I believe it will be proposed again.

Team with best record gets the only bye. Then the other three division winners will be home teams in the first round, playing the three wild cards.

For once a genius post by a PATS fan. I couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by Sydor25
It's not the system that sucks, it's the underachieving Dolphins. They should have been at least 13-3 this year. Any team that loses 4 games at home should not be in the playoffs. Show me a playoff team that has lost 4 at home? That's right, you can't.

The system is fine.

Ok, so we go 11-5, only losing 1 road game, and we miss the playoffs?? A team that only loses once on the road is a good team as well.

Originally posted by SDFinFan

For once a genius post by a PATS fan. I couldn't agree more.

That is a good system, but I have a better one..........Two divisions in each conference...........the div. champs get the byes and then you have 4 wildcards in each conf., then WINNING A DIVISION really means something.

Originally posted by Section126

That is a good system, but I have a better one..........Two divisions in each conference...........the div. champs get the byes and then you have 4 wildcards in each conf., then WINNING A DIVISION really means something.

It will NEVER happen. Too many teams in each conference, and then how do you play everyone in your division once??? And if you do, then there will be no AFC-NFC games.

Well, Philly has lost 3 at home. And Seattle is in contention in the NFC with a 1-6 record on the road i do believe. I mean the bottom line is we screwed ourselves this year. Plenty of missed opportunities. It's all on Miami. They did it to themselves. Now they get an early offseason to think about all that is lost.

Back
Top Bottom