Channing Crowder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Channing Crowder

His Dudeness

Practice Squad
Reaction score
has injury problems i see... i don't remember him getting injured during the season so am i wrong? or was this a after the season injury...has he been injury plagued throughout his career?

Both Knees...hes a major hazard, but if he stays healthy hes one of the best linebacker prospects in the last couple years...in my opinion if he stayed healthy his whole career hes probobly better than DJ

He is my fav. overall pick of our draft! If he can stay healthy, after Zach leaves he will anchor our LB core for years.

i agree if he stays healthy can be a great player with a nasty side on the field and having zack and seau to teach him is a bonus for his progression

hmm...I notice people saying he'll be good when zach leaves i think hes actually gonna move over to the outside linebacker slot and take over for Seau who is really here for locker room prescence

he had knee surgeries in high school, and had minor injuries in college not related to his knees. i'm not worried

i dont think so. i think crowder has MLB written all over him... Saban likes bigger OLB's (like roth) and its important that they can cover well, something crowder doesnt do that well..

well he has first round talent with free-agent knees and high school maturity...he is a punk off the field...hopefully he will stay healthy and zach will show how to be a class act

His Dudeness said:
has injury problems i see... i don't remember him getting injured during the season so am i wrong? or was this a after the season injury...has he been injury plagued throughout his career?

The knee injuries happened in high school. He took a year off from football before going to UF and hasn't had a problem with his knees since then. He had a foot sprain last year that kept him out of 2 1/2 games. The injury concerns are overblown in my opinion, but they contributed to his fall to the 3rd round. I'm happy he's playing for the Phins next year.

From what everyone is saying, I think this could be a great pick for us. I have not heard about any off the field problems though. Can someone provide any info on this.

yea didnt he supposedly kick a bunch of frat boys asses?... with zook no less?

Heres the deal with Channing.

He has been hurt in each of the past 2 seasons. His freshman year he had some kind of arch problem and was supposed to be out like 4 to 6 weeks. His first game that he misses we lose to Ole Miss which somehow runs all over us. The next week he comes back way ahead of time and we beat LSU which won the national championship. Their only TD was on special teams. Last year he hurt his knee again and missed a few games.

His injury problems are a concern but not his character problems. The arrests were way overblown and the second one nothing happened except some yelling. The first one was fighting in a club... no drugs or hitting woman. Everybody that has ever met Channing has only the nicest things to say about him. He is very approachable and friendly. I have talked to him a few times and was very impressed with him. He is also a smart young man. 30 on the Wonderlic test and an honor student in high school.

As far as his ability.....
I have been to almost every Gator practice for the past 3 years and he was without a doubt the best one out there. He is a verbal leader and never takes a play off. As a Dolphin and Gator fan, I am thrilled that he is going to Miami. If it weren't for his injury issues and character issues, he would probably be a Top 15 pick.

Forgot to mention that Channing chases and wrestles wild boars for fun. That is exactly the type of person that I want playing linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom