Charger fans view of Cam Cameron, | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charger fans view of Cam Cameron,

From those fan comments Cam's play calling SOUNDS a lot like Boolarky, but how bad can he be with a 14-2 record & LT scoring 31 TD's??

just sounds like typical message board ranting and "expertise". you would hear the same crap in a patriots board while on their way to winning super bowls. and no, i dont really want cam to be the coach

From those fan comments Cam's play calling SOUNDS a lot like Boolarky, but how bad can he be with a 14-2 record & LT scoring 31 TD's??

Here we go, so if Cams play calling sounds a lot like MM's what the biggest difference in the two teams?? All along I've been defending MM, not because I'm a fan of MM not because I think he's a great or even good OC, but because it's not about the play being called it's about the execution! There is no way in the world you can blame MM for calling a bad play, look at the old Redskin SB days, they ran the same running play week in week out, the counter tre! Everyone knew it, there were no surprises, there was nothing special, no tricks.

It was the same play 30 times a game, why did it always work??? Because the players made it work, they knew if run properly, it would succeed and it did. Whats that called EXECUTION! The same with the Greenbay Packers of the late 50's early 60's, they won SB's handing the ball off to Paul Horning, and letting him run the ball through the gap, it worked more often then not because they practiced the play over and over and the players believed in it, once again nothing special, not tricks, just plain and simple execution.

One more example, the 72 undefeated Miami Dolphins, did you know in that season, Miami had two 1000 yard backs and another with almost that many yards?? almost 3000 rushing yards between three backs in one season, how many different running plays do you think Shula had drawn up?? Not many! It was the execution and confidence that team had in their running attack.

Play calling isn't rocket science, anyone can call a play, but if the players on the field don't execute the play, it's going to fail. Stop blaming the play calling and start blaming the execution of the plays. Now, who's responsible for the execution of the plays besides the players?? The coaches, if you want to place blame, place it there. But blame all the coaches for that, if you are on the field at practice every week and you have a handful of plays you like to run, then run them to death in practice till the players know where their supposed to be in their sleep. Thats how you create a successful game plan.

It's funny how Cam is to blame even though the receivers dropped passes for long gains. The defense should get more of the blame, fumbling balls, turnovers on muffed punts and stupid head butting penalties. Yeah, its all Camerons fault.

Here we go, so if Cams play calling sounds a lot like MM's what the biggest difference in the two teams?? All along I've been defending MM, not because I'm a fan of MM not because I think he's a great or even good OC, but because it's not about the play being called it's about the execution! There is no way in the world you can blame MM for calling a bad play, look at the old Redskin SB days, they ran the same running play week in week out, the counter tre! Everyone knew it, there were no surprises, there was nothing special, no tricks.

I didn't see any double reverses. :lol:

It's funny how Cam is to blame even though the receivers dropped passes for long gains. The defense should get more of the blame, fumbling balls, turnovers on muffed punts and stupid head butting penalties. Yeah, its all Camerons fault.

But MM's to blame for the same misfortune??? Sounds like a double standard to me.

great post feelthepain..i totally agree in my opinion. im not a big fan of cameron and hoping that he doesnt get the job...however, young shotty really intruiges me..he could be the one!

I'm not for hiring Cam Cameron, but the ability to be a good offensive or defensive coordinator really has nothing to do with the ability to be a head coach. When you are looking at assistant coaches, it's all a guessing game. It's a projection.

Norv Turner was and still is a great offensive coordinator that runs the same system as Cam Cameron. Norv is the coach that Cam learned this system from. Yet, when Norv got the opportunity to be a head coach after having very successful offenses in Dallas, Norv didn't do so hot. Cam got an opportunity to be a head coach at Indiana. He didn't do so hot, and with him at Indiana, they weren't even competitive. That's what sticks out in my mind. How can anyone look at a guy who was a failure at the college level as a head coach and believe he will be a great NFL head coach?

He was the coach of Indiana! Not Florida, Miami or USC. The great Don Shula couldn't have been successful there. They didn't have the power to get good recruits. Do you even know what city that school is in?

I dunno man who is any better? That's the problem. Brian Schott. learned from Cam so he's just a less experienced version. GT fans are all hoping and praying Gailey gets the job with us because he cant win the games that matter over there and runs a boring offense. So who's left? Jim Mora Jr?

P.S. Those Charger fans sound just like this board screaming for Saban to be fired everytime we lost this season :lol:

Their players lost discipline and poise yesterday. Whatever message Schottenhiemer and his coaching staff had for them before the game they got amnesia in the 4th qtr. Their playcalling had less to do with the loss.

Their fan base is overreacting to losing a playoff game after going 14-2. Its totally understandable. As far as other coaches Gailey did not work in Dallas but that was with Jerry Jones as his boss and over 8 years ago. If you look at his body of work at GT he has been unable to win big games despite 37-27 overall record and can't even beat their most hated rival the Jawga Dawgies. Does not look good in translation to potential success in NFL.

Cameron and B. Schottenheimer seem like all the same as far as background just different people. People out in SD are throwing him under the bus after this playoff loss but the body of his work looks good enough for consideration at the next coaching level. As far as Mora Jr. - I responded on a couple of other posts. JUST SAY NO!!

The announcers always said that was Mangini's offense that Schott was calling, I don't know enough about it to be certain though, I think it was revised for Pennington's lack of arm strength.

Gailey I don't really care for mainly because he is too conventional, Stuck with Reggie Ball for so long I could just see him coming in here and sticking with Culpepper for the next 3 years even if Culpepper stinks up the joint the way he did at the beginning of this season.

It's hard to get overly excited about any of these guys, the main thing I like about Cam is his track record with putting QB's into the pro-bowl and us having been so desperate for a QB he just seems the best fit.

Schottenheimer has said he believes in adjusting a system to his players, and not visa-versa. It wasn't that he necessarily ran Mangini's offense, but that Mangini was the one that wanted him to use those no-huddle "sugar" formations.

What I also like about Schottenheimer is that (like Charlie Weis) he believes in game-planning to the opponents weaknesses instead of the "try and stop us" mentality that some teams have.

As for Gailey, I've never really considered him to be conventional. The fact that he stuck with Reggie Ball doesn't mean a whole lot. I don't think a lot of people thought Bennett would play as well as he did in the bowl game.

As for Cameron, as KB pointed out, there's more to a head coach than impressive stats. Many coordinators have turned their players into pro-bowlers but have stunk when given a head coaching job. His resume at Indiana just isn't impressive, even with sub-standard talent.

P.S. Those Charger fans sound just like this board screaming for Saban to be fired everytime we lost this season :lol:

No kidding huh? An OC's play calling might be questionable at times, but no matter what call is made, the onus is on the PLAYERS to execute on it. A Pass play will NEVER work if the WR can't catch the ball (regardless of whose fault it is), just like a run won't work if the o-line can't make a lane for the RB.

The Defensive Players need to share in the blame pie, because they missed some KEY turnovers, namely that total GIMME pick in the 1Q.

But, this is the PATSIES we're talking about. I guess sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

I don't see how anyone can compare the two (MM and CC). We had the 4th highest total of passing attempts in the NFL with an injured Culpepper and a backup in Joey Harrington. We were 29th in rushing attempts. The Chargers were just the opposite, they played to their strengths. The Chargers were 2nd in rushing attempts and 25th in passing attempts.

Chargers run/pass: 522/466

Dolphins run/pass: 402/590

He was the coach of Indiana! Not Florida, Miami or USC. The great Don Shula couldn't have been successful there. They didn't have the power to get good recruits. Do you even know what city that school is in?

Yes, he could have, because Shula could take less talent and make it at least competitive. Nobody is saying Cameron should have gone 10-2 every year with the talent he had. But the best head coaches get more out of their players than Cameron evidently did in Indiana.

If his career coaching record was at least around .500, I would be higher on Cameron. That his record was as poor as it was concerns me.

Back
Top Bottom