Charger fans view of Cam Cameron, | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charger fans view of Cam Cameron,

feelthepain

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This is why I wanted the Chargers to win so badly yesterday, well that and the fact I hate the Pats. Here's what the fans are saying about Cam.

Honesly i dont care if he gets his own coaching job. He has proved to be a good OC who just makes some really dumb play calls at times. He runs the ball when we should pass and passes when he should run. he gets cute when we have the slightest of leads, thi may just be post game venting, but this coaching staff has proven that they are incapable of winning a big game.​

Couldnt agree with you more. I think Cam is overrated. We have a really talented offense that makes him look good. 90% of the time, his play calling is great. but hell me and you could call 90% of the plays out there. Its that other 10% when the game is on the line that he earns that dough. In the Baltimore game, the passing game was working and the run was not, so what does he do? Run. In this game, the pasing game was not working and the run was. So what does he do? Pass. The last 4 or 5 games, teams were stacking the box with 7 players or more to stop lt and we couldnt get antonio gates more involved? When the game is on the line, he calls crappy plays. we dont need to score in 3 plays. a nice 7 or 8 minute plus drive would do just fine. come on, 3rd and 4 and we PASS to Eric Parker? Thats the BEST play we could come up with? With LT and Michael Turner in the backfield? With Antonio Gates? LT was running all over them today. He should have had 30-35 runs today. That fumble russki a couple weeks ago? Why the hell do we need to do that? Just give the ball to LT, no need to get tricky. Just run the ball down their throats. He went from Marty ball to the exact opposite, but I dont know that this new version is any better. What happened to all the matchup problems because we have all these weapons? Anyways, LT got us here, we should have gave him the ball and let him win it. Thats not Marty ball, its going with whats working.​

LT got only 10 touches in the second half.

That's just wrong.​

Yeah so cam could have rivers throw it to eric parker on 3rd and 4.

How many times have you seen this (typical cam play calling):

1st down - Run for 4 yards.
2nd down - Incomplete pass for first down
3rd down - Rivers throws incomplete for 35 yards
4th down - punt.​

U know what I think a blind person could call plays when u have weapons like : LT, Gates, Turner, Jackson, Parker, Mccardell,and Rivers as Qb. In My opinion it is not Marty who is to be fired It should be Cam Cameron​

I think some of you guys might be right about Cam Cameron. The more I think of it, I think the guy is overrated. We clearly have some of the best personnel on offense and yet we seem to struggle a lot. Yeah we have some success being the #1 scoring offense, but a good defense is able to contain us and sometimes completely shut us down.

For example, one formation that I want SD to completely destroy out of their playbook is that Shotgun-2Back formation. I personally hate the way SD always comes out in that formation when using Shotgun. It's an invitation to the blitz since they usually always leave both backs blocking and the blitz always creates havoc vs. this formation regardless of the 2blocking backs. And when they run this formation they always pass over the middle, it's so d@mn predictable IMO, I truely hate it. It's dangerous for Rivers. Hey Cam, there's other Shotgun formations you can try as well or better yet, screw Shotgun.

SD needs to learn from the Colts IMO. The Colts stick to a system and they run/pass from the same formations. The formations are usually spread out a bit as well with 3WRs or 2TE singleback sets so that opens up running lanes by spreading out the D and it makes it easier for the QB to read where potential blitzes are coming from. Overall it's pretty simple, but very effective and organized. Something SD needs to do IMO.

Now keep in mind the Chargers were 14-2 this year and they lose their only playoff game. Look how the fans attack the OC, the Chargers were a very good team, IMO it was their O with all that talent that lead to the 14-2 record, but look how the fans attack the OC when they lose. I think the loss yesterday was on the players, but that's my opinion. Still, to listen to the Charger fans speak out against a guy resposible for a 14-2 record what does that say about his ability to be a HC?? It's not like the fans are always right, or that they are just upset and lashing out, but there does seem to be an agreement that Cam didn't do his job when he had more then enough talent to work with, I never wanted Cam to be the HC nor do I want Marty.

I'm not for hiring Cam Cameron, but the ability to be a good offensive or defensive coordinator really has nothing to do with the ability to be a head coach. When you are looking at assistant coaches, it's all a guessing game. It's a projection.

Norv Turner was and still is a great offensive coordinator that runs the same system as Cam Cameron. Norv is the coach that Cam learned this system from. Yet, when Norv got the opportunity to be a head coach after having very successful offenses in Dallas, Norv didn't do so hot. Cam got an opportunity to be a head coach at Indiana. He didn't do so hot, and with him at Indiana, they weren't even competitive. That's what sticks out in my mind. How can anyone look at a guy who was a failure at the college level as a head coach and believe he will be a great NFL head coach?

Duh, he IS overrated. This guy is the aggressive version of Mullarkey.

LT got only 10 touches in the second half.​

That's just wrong.

:shakeno: This is exactly the problem we had all year long. Mullarkey gave up on the run the second half when it would be working so well in the first.

Cam Cameran is inconsistent with his playcalls. Sure, the pass/run ratio was at 1/1, but for LT to only get 10 touches the second half when he was dominating the entire first half is just stupid. Meaning, they put the ball on Rivers hands, playing into the Patriots game plan.​

For god sakes, you were up 14-10, and the run was working, why are you getting away from the run? He tried to get too fancy, and too aggressive; his inexperience was exposed, and he's 55.​

I am not impressed AT ALL by Cameran and I sure hope he does not get hired.​

I'm not for hiring Cam Cameron, but the ability to be a good offensive or defensive coordinator really has nothing to do with the ability to be a head coach. When you are looking at assistant coaches, it's all a guessing game. It's a projection.

Norv Turner was and still is a great offensive coordinator that runs the same system as Cam Cameron. Norv is the coach that Cam learned this system from. Yet, when Norv got the opportunity to be a head coach after having very successful offenses in Dallas, Norv didn't do so hot. Cam got an opportunity to be a head coach at Indiana. He didn't do so hot, and with him at Indiana, they weren't even competitive. That's what sticks out in my mind. How can anyone look at a guy who was a failure at the college level as a head coach and believe he will be a great NFL head coach?

I dunno man who is any better? That's the problem. Brian Schott. learned from Cam so he's just a less experienced version. GT fans are all hoping and praying Gailey gets the job with us because he cant win the games that matter over there and runs a boring offense. So who's left? Jim Mora Jr?

P.S. Those Charger fans sound just like this board screaming for Saban to be fired everytime we lost this season :lol:

I dunno man who is any better? That's the problem. Brian Schott. learned from Cam so he's just a less experienced version. GT fans are all hoping and praying Gailey gets the job with us because he cant win the games that matter over there and runs a boring offense. So who's left? Jim Mora Jr?

P.S. Those Charger fans sound just like this board screaming for Saban to be fired everytime we lost this season :lol:

I don't think Schott learned from Cam, because Schott's offense in New York doesn't even resemble the Air Coryell offense that Cam runs. Schott also doesn't have a history of being a failed head coach. Neither does Chan Gailey. No matter what the GT fans say, Chan is still 37-27 at a school that is clearly second fiddle in the state when it comes to football.

There just doesn't seem to be many greta candidates available this year. Having said that, I'm leaning towards Gailey. He has experience and has had some decent success. No less an authority than Bill cowher is apparently campaigning for him to get the job in Pitt.

In that case, I think I like Cameron better.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Why, because I don't really see anyone worthy of the job?? We had 12 guys in here, I think we should continue the search, we have time, we have people on the team now that have been HC's before, it's not like we can't get by till we find a good replacement for Saban. I say continue the search. There are still 4 teams in the playoffs, do we see any candidates in those teams?? I think so.

I don't think Schott learned from Cam, because Schott's offense in New York doesn't even resemble the Air Coryell offense that Cam runs. Schott also doesn't have a history of being a failed head coach. Neither does Chan Gailey. No matter what the GT fans say, Chan is still 37-27 at a school that is clearly second fiddle in the state when it comes to football.

The announcers always said that was Mangini's offense that Schott was calling, I don't know enough about it to be certain though, I think it was revised for Pennington's lack of arm strength.

Gailey I don't really care for mainly because he is too conventional, Stuck with Reggie Ball for so long I could just see him coming in here and sticking with Culpepper for the next 3 years even if Culpepper stinks up the joint the way he did at the beginning of this season.

It's hard to get overly excited about any of these guys, the main thing I like about Cam is his track record with putting QB's into the pro-bowl and us having been so desperate for a QB he just seems the best fit.

14-2 Enough said. Ill take that anyday. League record for TD's. Last I checked that was on the Offense. Cam runs that Offense. If the Chargers won, Cam is a hero.

As tough as that loss was for them yesterday .... all they need is a #1 WR ... their WRs aren't very good ....

They lost on a bad decision by Rivers .... not the 'play' ...

They get a game breaker receiver to go along with Gates and Tomlinson .... WOW ... they will look a lot like dem ol' COWBOYS ....

14-2 Enough said. Ill take that anyday. League record for TD's. Last I checked that was on the Offense. Cam runs that Offense. If the Chargers won, Cam is a hero.

Its not hard for any OC to get a 14-2 record with that kind of talent. You can credit that to AJ smith for aquiring the talent.

Cam isnt that great. After the Baltimore loss he and marty were advised by AJ and Co to open up the offense. We need someone who is proven no matter what kind of talent he has had in front of him.

Put Cam in front of this offense and I can guarantee we wouldnt see anything special..

Back
Top Bottom