Chargers as trading partner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers as trading partner?

MarinoEqualsGod

The man, the myth, the legend
Reaction score
I know this has been mentioned before, but this morning i saw that the Chargers were the most likely team to trade up in the draft. They really want Braylon Edwards, and want to trade to at least the 4th pick, or higher. What does everyone feel are the chances that we could trade our 2nd overall pick for San Diego's #12 and #28? And if that isn't fair, what else would we have to throw in? IMO that would be a fair trade for both teams, and i would LOVE to see that happen.

they would, in theory, have to chuck in more... but I would do it.

Pray that either Cadillac or Alex Barron makes it to 12.

ESPN San Diego Message Board is saying Hacksaw (I'm guessing Hamilton) is reporting Dallas is looking at trading their two 1st rounders for our first and third rounder. Don't know how true it is.

Sorry if already posted

Rumors are just that, rumors. I encourage people to look up a draft chart and see how valueable the seocnd overall pick is. San Diego would most likely have to give up their two first rounders and another first day pick for adequate compensation. Dallas, would need to give up more than their two first rounders to pick up our first AND third. They would have to throw in a a second and fourth most likely. I am not sure if either team wants to sacrifice that much. Especially Bill Parcells in Dallas.

Hopefully one of these teams pulls the trigger and gives us fair compensation. I prefer dallas since they have two 1st's in the top 20 picks. San Diego would be good but Dallas would be better.

Also, Parcells isn't going to be around for long....maybe not past this year....so he might go hard after a player who he feels could contribute immediately vs 2 projects IMO.

We would do straight up with the vikings... 7 and 18
Dalas has 11 and 20, so they may have to throw in a 5th
Chargers has 12 and 28, so they may have to throw in a 4th

There no way Chargers will trade with 2 first round picks for to the Phins.

You think they will pay another 15 million dollar signing bonus for 1 player.....

Eric-Gofins said:
There no way Chargers will trade with 2 first round picks for to the Phins.

You think they will pay another 15 million dollar signing bonus for 1 player.....

Why not? If they believe they are one player away, I think they would take that chance. Also, if I remember correctly, they have a lot of cap space.

bdmagnum said:
Why not? If they believe they are one player away, I think they would take that chance. Also, if I remember correctly, they have a lot of cap space.

With the 12th pick.... they should be able to Mike Williams or Troy Williamson if not... they will take either Derrick Johnson or Merriman or go with Oline..

Scott Andrew said:
Would we get any of the players that we really want if we get the 11th or 12th?

This is one of the deepest drafts in years. Not heavy with top players (i.e. franchise players), but a very DEEP draft. That's why i feel it would be best if we trade down. The Cadillac may still be available at 11 or 12.

bdmagnum said:
ESPN San Diego Message Board is saying Hacksaw (I'm guessing Hamilton) is reporting Dallas is looking at trading their two 1st rounders for our first and third rounder. Don't know how true it is.

Sorry if already posted

Its true rumors are rumors but if it was true no way i give up the 3rd

I would like to see Rivers and the 12th pick
Solves the QB problem cause rivers is just like drafting Rodgers or Smith, plus we still have a good First round pick. Maybe one of the running backs fall or there will still be a very good player at 12.

dan the fin said:
I would like to see Rivers and the 12th pick
Solves the QB problem cause rivers is just like drafting Rodgers or Smith, plus we still have a good First round pick. Maybe one of the running backs fall or there will still be a very good player at 12.

Not bad....

Back
Top Bottom