Chargers want to move up!/San Diego trade (Merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers want to move up!/San Diego trade (Merged)

ZOD said:
So how long has Hacksaw been floating this rumor? Have you heard it before out there on the West Coast?

According to everything I've heard or read, Rivers is "more prepared" than Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers.

As a matter of fact, as I've heard it.......

Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, and JP Losman are more prepared for the NFL than Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers.

and as i've heard, they've all had a year to prepare.

too bad no one is offering Ben, Eli, or JP. I'd probably take them. Phillip? i'm not a fan.

bakedmatt said:
and as i've heard, they've all had a year to prepare.

No...The point made by most of these talkin' heads was "coming out of college".

The point they make after that is "Who would be the top pick if Matt Leinart chose to come out?"

The overwhelming response is Matt Leinart.

cowtowndick said:
Sorry - all apologies, etc. But what are your thoughts?

Really it's all too speculative for my tastes. The point I had attempted to make in the other thread and the point that I think can be debated is whether someone actually wants to move up in this draft.

As for the price.......

There have been so many deals done in so many different ways that I really don't get into that anymore. It's just too unpredictable.

ZOD said:
Really it's all too speculative for my tastes. The point I had attempted to make in the other thread and the point that I think can be debated is whether someone actually wants to move up in this draft.

As for the price.......

There have been so many deals done in so many different ways that I really don't get into that anymore. It's just too unpredictable.
Agreed, it's completely unpredictable, but it seems that one of the points of this site is to speculate. No disrespect intended, but what other topics do you suggest we can discuss, if speculating is out of favor?

cowtowndick said:
Agreed, it's completely unpredictable, but it seems that one of the points of this site is to speculate. No disrespect intended, but what other topics do you suggest we can discuss, if speculating is out of favor?

Do whatever ya want....

I see just 5 minutes later you've got a new thread titled "Cowboy's trade"...

Heck, why stop there? I mean you've got 29 more teams to propose a trade with......

:monkeyr: *WIND*

ZOD said:
It just reinforced my belief that no matter the talent pool within the draft there will always some kind of opportunity to trade down. It's a beauty contest. I guess the question is "How pretty is Miss Michigan?" :lol:

:lol:

This is very true about the beauty contest. When a team is looking at one or two players that can be difference makers right away and at a position of need (like WR with the Chargers) things get going. I'd like to see a bidding war between the Chargers and Bucs for our selection. Then again, the 49ers have the top pick and the need for a QB (i.e., Rivers), so that would be their first alternative. If that went off, it would hinder our trade down ability.

All we need is two teams that want the same guy in our slot and have ammo to trade up. As much as I would like to have Ronnie Brown in Linehan's system, we need more picks.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Rivers and maybe cadillac slips down since all you knucklheads and the rest of the world thinks Ronnie Brown is Walter Payton or something.

SoCal Raider said:
(this happened to the Raiders several years ago when they traded up to #2 thinking they were going to get Orlando Pace only to watch the Rams trade up to #1 and get him).

Just curious.....who did the Raiders end up taking at #2? I can't remember.

Buddwalk said:
Well Miamis looking to trade down...so sounds like a match made in heaven

With those two picks i'd take

#12 - Derrick Johnson LB Texas

#28 - Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin
#12 -- Alex Barron (justify Houck's million per year by letting him develop a guy at the most important position on the line)

#28 -- Thomas Davis (lock up that SS position for years)

I just heard on Mike and Mike on ESPN radio that there is supposedly talks between San Francisco and San Diego. #1 overall selection for Phillip Rivers.

Apparently the 9ers feel that Rivers is a better prospect than both Rodgers and Smith.

They are willing to give up rivers and #12 for the first over all.. for the second over all, they would likely give up Rivers and the #28... remember, first over all means you get to pick any one you want, second means the best guy is already off the board..

You will be hearing this trade rumor off and on until draft day. I think that the trade will be done either the day before the draft or right on draft day. We could have a disadvantage if this trade goes down, because that means both QB are left and nobody will be wanting to trade with us.

PhinDude88 said:
You will be hearing this trade rumor off and on until draft day. I think that the trade will be done either the day before the draft or right on draft day. We could have a disadvantage if this trade goes down, because that means both QB are left and nobody will be wanting to trade with us.

Why, you think someone wants either of them junk QB's? You'll see us trading, because their are 6 legit top 10 picks, that everyone is chasing, 3 WR and 3 RB's. If you dont know who they are, I aint telling.

I also just read that the chargers are interested in surtain... Hrm.. How about our second and surtain for their two firsts and rivers???? I know, it's a pipe dream.. hrm.. maye I should go use the pipe, and dream about it all day long..

J/K, I'm no ricky...........

Back
Top Bottom