Chargers want to move up!/San Diego trade (Merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers want to move up!/San Diego trade (Merged)

LithoMan said:
Why, you think someone wants either of them junk QB's? You'll see us trading, because their are 6 legit top 10 picks, that everyone is chasing, 3 WR and 3 RB's. If you dont know who they are, I aint telling.

I know that the Browns wants one and i am sure there are a few more teams that secertly wants one of them.

Yesterday on ESPN radio Len Pasquarelli said he'd heard the rumor (49rs/Chargers trade) making the rounds at the Owner's meeting, but that it didn't originate from any reputable sources. His guess at this point was that nothing would happen.

I have been seeing this rumor a lot. I do not know if it has real legs to it or not. All I see is Chargers/49ers not Chargers/Fins. But I ask, is Edwards really worth the #1 overall pick? I don't think so. SD can trade with Chicago, or Cleveland, and still get Edwards without having to pay as much.

I would only make a deal that would leave us in a position to still get one of the top three backs. Unless, Saban knows Ricky is coming back. If Ricky is coming back and you trade to get Rivers, then that is a pretty intense improvement to the offense. Rivers and Williams.

Verrrry interesting.

cowtowndick said:
Rivers and the #12? Who's available at #12? If you look at both sides of the ball, we need an impact player more at RB, then at WR, then at QB. Rivers may make an impact, but not this year. IMO, to come out of the draft with anything less than an impact player on offense is a bit of a waste of THE #2 PICK overall. Look at the best QB's in the NFL now - what round were they drafted in? Look at the best RB's in the NFL - what round were they drafted in?

I disagree with you on the RB situation...In Linehan's system we could easily go into the season with Gordon/Morris/Minor or a 3rd draft pick (Arrington, Morency, Barber) as the RBs and still be successful. At #12, guys like Barron, Merriman, Shazor, Cody or perhaps even one of the 3 top RBs (maybe not)...Rivers was rated higher than Smith or Rodgers are this year, he was a successful QB in program that didn't have a lot of surrounding talent. He also has had the advantage of sitting on the sidelines for a season in the NFL. Saban would, IMHO, jump on this scenario if it were presented...

Sorry Larry but you do not know what Linehan's system will be here. Every coach adapts to the talent they have. We do not have Culpepper, Moss, and Bennet. I think we are limiting our options to think he will do exactly the same thing here as he did in Minny. He has a certain style I will grant you that much. But if RW came back then you adapt to that talent. If you have a Marino or Elway, then you adapt to that talent. We won't know what system he will run here until we know what talent he has and they decide. Like Saban and the 3-4. It is a fact that he likes that defense. But he has to adapt to the talent that is here, so we will play the 4-3. That's what good coaches do.

Back
Top Bottom