Charles Barkley and Monday Night Football??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Barkley and Monday Night Football???

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Received this from the "football guys" daily e-mail update. I like watching Barkley on the NBA show, but I'm not sure about him in the MNF booth.

16. Charles Barkley & Monday Night Football?

Full Article: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2001932683_nfl19.html

Clipped from:

ABC seemingly wants to add some basketball to its "Monday Night Football."

Executives at the network have "informally" inquired whether ex-NBA superstar Charles Barkley would be interested in joining the network's flagship sports program, ABC and Barkley's agent said.

"We've been approached about doing something," agent Marc Perman said in a telephone interview, declining to discuss specifics. Barkley is an analyst on TNT's "Inside the NBA."

The addition of Barkley would be another attempt by ABC to bolster ratings with a high-profile announcer without a football background. Comedian Dennis Miller was dismissed from "MNF" after the 2001 season.

" 'Monday Night Football' has always been that mix of sports and entertainment, so this makes sense," said Jay Rosenstein, a former vice president at CBS Sports. "He's got the wit and a sense of fun  everything you look for in a broadcaster."

[[[[[[[[[[ OUR VIEW ]]]]]]]]]]

Unfortunately, this is not a joke...

Sir charles is the man....I'd enjoy him being on there, it would definitely be better than Dennis Miller.

he wouldnt be able to keep up with the game, he is constantly getting too caught up in stories. Stick to the qualified play-by-play announcers

Barkley is the man, and he would add some real interesting comments, just like he has been doing when he talks basketball. But i would still rather see Al, and John.

I like Barkley as a TNT basketball analysis but he has no business being in the MNF booth.

Back
Top Bottom