Charles Clay 2013 highlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Clay 2013 highlights

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
Charles Clay made some spectacular plays last year. He was a safety net all season long and showcased the ability to break tackles while fighting for extra yardage. Roll that beautiful bean footage below to see the evidence of a star in the making.

[video=youtube;Wt4UIvOLLUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Wt4UIvOLLUE[/video]

The question going forward is, how much better can he get and are we set at the TE position this season?

Clay was our best offensive player. Those broken tackles vs san Diego and Pittsburgh. And that 4th down converted against New England. Sadly he's the only mismatch we had on offense. Wallace could be he needs to step up

Clay def does not get the respect he deserves, even from dolphin fans.

IMO he's one of the best examples of how well this coaching staff has coached players up.

Clay def does not get the respect he deserves, even from dolphin fans.

IMO he's one of the best examples of how well this coaching staff has coached players up.

Not disagreeing with you but Clay has always flashed his ability as a receiver, he just got more snaps. Look at his first year or even the second when he wasn't involved often.

Otherwise than OV, Odrick, Clay, Jones, and Tannehill no one has really developed. Hopefully that changes with the addition of Benton, Lazor, and Duffner.

Clay is the type of player Miami needs to re-sign before he has a chance to test the open market IMO. The mismatches he creates, his ability to catch the ball and his knack for breaking and slipping tackles. I've liked Clay's game since we drafted him, but thought we didn't use him enough.

Dustin Keller's injury forced Clay into the line-up and he surpassed many people's expectations including mine. Lazor needs a good plan to keep Clay involved in the game plan this year and find ways to utilize his talents. If he makes it a point to keep Clay involved in the game plan, I see him having another good if not great season.

vs Steelers and vs Pats were some of his most memorable moments. Beastin

forgot about that play vs SD. One of my favorites

Last edited by a moderator:
The Claymaker

Charles Clay broke out big time last season and should only continue to get better. It was a pleasant surprise last season and I remember we were all panicking after Keller went down. We just assumed we had no tight end on the roster, but Clay proved his worth.

There is still work to be done and need more depth, but with Clay, Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Moreno and maybe even Miller, this offense has some pretty good weapons.

I'd give Dan Campbell a little credit too. He even got a little something out of Egnew which i thought was impossible after his first year.
Anyone think Keller may still be an option if he's healthy? He looked great pre injury last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
That video showcases Tannehill's abilities as well, a lot of lasers over the middle but he also was able to throw on the move and put some air under it when it was dictated.

after watching this video i realized that i forgot he is truly a stud, hes a true #1 te....we don't need another te, hes a match up problem, he runs like a slot receiver

That video showcases Tannehill's abilities as well, a lot of lasers over the middle but he also was able to throw on the move and put some air under it when it was dictated.
Shh.:quiet:

Keep that on the low.

Don't want that Wallace17 guy coming in here and ruining this thread.

I'd give Dan Campbell a little credit too. He even got a something out of Egnew which i thought was impossible after his first year.
Anyone think Keller may still be an option if he's healthy? He looked great pre injury last year.

Very good point. Dan Campbell has done a wonderful job with the TEs and is one of my favorite coaches. It took Clay a couple years to have his breakout year and maybe Campbell can do the same with Egnew. Egg is 2 inches taller and runs a 4.5 compared to Clay's 4.7 if we can get Egg to get on the same page and live up to his potential like Clay we will be set at TE. Then add Sims to the mix and TE might be a strong position instead of the weakness we thought it would be last year when Keller went down.

Pish tosh ... stupid videos. What we need is some good old fashioned spreadsheets and percentages

Loved the video, thanks for putting that together. A couple things that really impressed me were all the hands catches instead of body catches and how excellent his balance is. Many, many of those receptions, he didn't go to the ground. He'd get knocked out of bounds but he'd still be standing. That's how he made some of those da, da, da....da, da, da moments. He'd get smacked and the other guy would figured he'd be down but oh, no, here he goes. Sweet.

Back
Top Bottom