Charles Clay not a Starting TE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Clay not a Starting TE

Clay blew his chance to make a name for himself. It's a shame too because I thought he had a lot of potential a couple of years ago.

After watching that 1st half against the Bucs, Mr. Clay does not get any seperation at all, his route running is mediocre at best and he doesn't bring much to this offense at all..

I think it might be time to trade for a TE or sign J. Shockey as soon as tomorrow..

Yup, I agree 100% Clay is just NOT getting the job done.....next Man up please :-(

Do you think the current crop of unsigned free agents sitting out there are not currently in camp with a team because they get good separation? Don't ya think that maybe all the guys that get separation are currently numbers 1 and 2 on the depth charts of the 32 NFL teams right now?

There aren't too many teams that are gonna lose a guy like Keller and immediately have a great answer to the problem. I thought of this: Why don't we trade Egnew and a 4th round pick and get Mercedes Lewis from Jacksonville. Gabbert and Egnew have a history so his value there is higher than anywhere else, and Mercedes Lewis would be a godsend to us right now.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Also, Clay was a 6th round pick for a reason. No surprise there.

When does Aaron Hernandez get out of jail JK.

Clay was always good for 4-5 big plays a season. Thats what he is. He's not consistent hes a mid 6th round pick a year or two ago. Sucks could have been a nice guy under keller.

Bring in Shockey and crumpler for example, that would be way better then what we got. I don't expect Ireland to make smart decisions. He probably thinks eggnog and clay are world beaters. Shoot ill sign mike turner to back up miller. Give tannehill weapons , let him have a chance to succeed. Nate Washington might get cut, scoop him up too.

Agreed. Really down on clay. We have to find someone else.
And Jonas Grays time is up I think.

I think it's time to move to Egnew and at least reap the benefits of having a six-foot-five player on the field who started at a receiving position in college. Try to get some mismatches with Egnew, versus getting next to nothing with Clay.

Charles Clay runs terrible routes and can't catch a fricken cold. Sims is more of a blocker then receiver. Egnew blows chunks as does Kyle Miller. We need to either trade for a TE or find a serviceable one

After watching that 1st half against the Bucs, Mr. Clay does not get any seperation at all, his route running is mediocre at best and he doesn't bring much to this offense at all..

I think it might be time to trade for a TE or sign J. Shockey as soon as tomorrow..

Agree. Time for a trade. Clay is not a NFL caliber TE, and unfortunately not an NFL caliber H-Back either. You have to be able to catch to play those positions.

Back
Top Bottom