Charles Harris progress | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris progress

A "handful" of posters declared that he was a bust before the season even started..."waste of a draft pick" if i recall correctly

Yeah, but all I'm saying is that dumping the entire board's opinion in with those people is ridiculous.

Maybe people thought he would be bad or for certain that him and tank were risky picks that seem to be paying off. I don't think anybody thought he didn't have potential, I still don't think he was worth all we gave up for him, teams aren't built on one guy who was a risk in the first place even if he is paying off now. Would still much rather have had tj watt/multiple picks.

Maybe people thought he would be bad or for certain that him and tank were risky picks that seem to be paying off. I don't think anybody thought he didn't have potential, I still don't think he was worth all we gave up for him, teams aren't built on one guy who was a risk in the first place even if he is paying off now. Would still much rather have had tj watt/multiple picks.
What are you talking about? We didn’t trade up to draft Harris. I think you are confusing him for JORDAN.

I was going to say the same thing. We didn't trade at all to draft Harris

Ozzy rules!!

There is a large contingent that posts here that believe the Dolphins are idiots and are cursed and cannot draft because the FO is comprised of monkeys that have thumbs stuck in their asses. An while yes the Dolphins have had 1st round busts don't consider that every other team has the same amount of 1st round busts and that the odds are just as good that for every 1st round HOF'er there is a equal 5th Round HOF'er and no team drafts perfectly, yes some teams get on a streak and produce a foundation for years (the Dolphins had 3 historic draft runs in their history, not all producing SB's but plenty post season and SB appearances) and it seems that some teams are miserable wretches, if you look at the statistics you see everyone falls in the bell curve eventually and make appearances at both the good bad spectrums equally. So for every Yatil Green there will be a Dan Marino and sometimes just a Charles Harris a guy who could be slow starter and get to be All Pro or be an average joe who has a decent career and calls it a day. have a hot take on draft day just makes you look dumb later

What I like is the fact he seems to be making progress on every game. Granted, the whole defense played great today but last week he was closed and this week had got a sack plus the batted ball and two hits on the QB. I don't know how good he will be but he's starting to give us something

Ozzy rules!!

Harris is showing some traits and skills that will translate to long term success in the NFL. It would be tremendous if his progress continues along with our other D rooks.... Not to get ahead of myself, but I hope we're looking back and saying that last years draft of Harris, McMillian, Tankersly, Godchaux and Vincent were the core for a championship caliber d

That sack was an elite player sack.

He's going to be so damn special.
He's got a ways to go. There was one play where he was basically thrown out of the play entirely by Lewan...like a child. The question will be can he maintain his current skill set with 15/20 more pounds on his frame. Remember he didn't test very fast to begin with at the combine and if putting on more weight slows him down even more then I think that hurts him as a 3 down player.

He's got a ways to go. There was one play where he was basically thrown out of the play entirely by Lewan...like a child. The question will be can he maintain his current skill set with 15/20 more pounds on his frame. Remember he didn't test very fast to begin with at the combine and if putting on more weight slows him down even more then I think that hurts him as a 3 down player.

As crazy as it sounds, I wouldn't even worry about him as a "3 down" player. He was drafted in the first round for his pass rushing tools and they have been on display two weeks in a row.

He got a lot of snaps today as the #4 DE.

He has one sack so far, against the back up left tackle. It was a nice play and awesome bend- but will see how the rest of year goes.

It was at an important point in the game so that really helped.

As crazy as it sounds, I wouldn't even worry about him as a "3 down" player. He was drafted in the first round for his pass rushing tools and they have been on display two weeks in a row.

He got a lot of snaps today as the #4 DE.
He's been getting a lot of snaps. He played 35 snaps last week...on running downs too. Dolphins need him to be able to play both run and pass or teams will just run the ball to his side every time he comes in the game.

Back
Top Bottom