Charles Harris & Raekwons Future In Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tiko377, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I agree those were bad picks but yet we hear people telling us how great Grier is at drafting. So what gives?

Dolphins81 likes this.
  2. lbmclean_nocal

lbmclean_nocal Well-Known Member

too early to give up on Raekwon

3. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

I think it's too early to give up on either. Not everyone is an instant player. Raekwon has had some really good moments and other times has looked out of place or slow. He has not looked slow on a lot of other plays. Sometimes it's angles, sometimes he looks a bit gassed. It's his first year playing a difficult position.

With Harris, I'm going to guess it's part injury and part indecision. He doesn't look like he's decisive on his rushes. People focussed on his low sack total last year but actually, if you look at snap counts and production, he was getting to the QB a lot and drew a bunch of holding penalties. His 19 hurries were second only to Wake's 20. The bashing of him is kind of funny given how many analysts had him actually going higher in the draft.

I would give both players a lot more time.

4. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

Well, then there's a lot of paid analysts who have no sense.

5. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Charles Harris is turning out to be a Dion Jordan bust. Makes me furious.

Beach Bum 91 likes this.
  6. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I forgot he was injured, that may be something to do with it. He looked at least half assed better than he does now earlier in the season. Not great by any means yet but not this ineffective

7. bigchub22

bigchub22 Starter

Harris is by far the biggest lost cause of the two. In my opinion anyway. Dude is terrible!

8. Jests_Hater

Jests_Hater Mr. Irrelevant Finheaven VIP

I agree with the bust part but nowhere near the level of Dion Jordan. Trading up to #3 to draft a bust was historic.

9. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Harris couldn’t get off a Charles clay block.

And Raekwon I mean there was one goalline run by the qb where he absolutely has to tackle him and he went by him like he wasn’t even there. Luckily we got it called back by penalty only to blow a 2nd and goal from the 16 coverage for a td.

And the 2 point play they got took advantage of the mikes lack of range also. He was late there too.

Dump him. And dump gesicki who can’t even win vs a 2 down speed lb on split iso. Can that guy stack anyone?

These dudes are bums.

10. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

It's a shame Charles Harris' contract prohibits Miami from cutting him until after the 2019 season, so he's here at least 1 more season. McMillan on the other hand may be better suited for strong side olb? I'm at least open to the idea of keeping him one more season, just to see if there is any improvement beyond this year. I was on board with Grier until this 2017 draft class, which includes a very lost and now very injured Tankersley, began to show like garbage in the 1st three rounds. No excuses, in spite of the success of the 2016 draft class. Miami needs to hit on the 2019 draft, very badly if it's to have any chance of a quicker improvement. Please for the love of God, NO More Charles Harris types.

Perfect72 likes this.
  11. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

There are a lot of people in every profession who do their jobs poorly.

MiamiMuss and NBP81 like this.
  12. rnrexpress3423

rnrexpress3423 To be the man, you gotta beat the man!

Can't give up on McMillan yet. He's technically just a rookie still. He flashes more then Harris ever has though. Gesicki is really grinding my gears though and looks completely lost out there and hasn't flashed one bit. He's athletic yes but that doesn't translate into being a good football player. They drafted his potential and he has shown squat.

It took Howard two years to get going so I'll let em both slide this year but next year they better get it together. Harris needs to go and we've all seen enough of him at this point.

13. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

teSH3VZ.gif

Danny likes this.
  14. PBay Fin Fan

PBay Fin Fan A True Fan

Charles Harris is a BUST

15. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

I learned about SPARQ from you on this forum, that resonated with me because I love statistics and probabilities. I mean how is it that people working on an NFL team completely disregard a correlation of this magnitude and go for a *hunch? instead* is quite baffling... Im saying hunch because I cant find another logical reason to go for this type of player in the 1st round. Whats even more disturbing is that I dont even have to know college football, or even know the prospects for that matter, to make the case...

While on the surface the move isnt crushing them right now, because of Wake and Quinn being on the lineup, but missing on a 1st round DE is such blow for obvious upside/salary reasons. You cant win'em all but holy crap does it suck to whiff on a 1st round DE... At least they hit on X.Howard and seem to have also hit on Minkah, so its not all doom and gloom...

j-off-her-doll likes this.