Charlie Weiss not getting fat....deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charlie Weiss not getting fat....deal

finsrclowns

finsrclowns
Reaction score
I'm curious what the spin will be on this from the NE fans on this board.

Weiss wanted to get paid in line with the top OC coordinators in the league. After 2 SB wins that doesn't seem unreasonable. He's currently making 500k going into the last year of his present deal. Top paid OC's are getting $1m a season. The Patriots apparently were not willing to go anywhere near that # and seem content to let Weiss move on at the end of this year.

When Bledsoe came to Buffalo some NE fans labeled him as a Belichick reject. But isn't the Pats refusal to pay going rate for big Charlie a statement that he's not worth that much to the team and is easily replaceable? At least NE got compensation for Bledsoe. Weiss is just going to jelly roll into the sunset. Maybe the fins can sign him up next year after "XXX" Foerster crashes and burns. :roflmao:

I have always thought Weis was overrated and what this move tells me is that BB thinks so too. Obviously they feel he is replaceable if they won't sign him. When he was w/ us he had his playcalling duties stripped by Parcells and now he has a great QB and great D. It's not like the Pats O has put up 30 points a game, TB does what needs to be done and the crdit goes more to him than Weis. I don't believ Weis will get an NFL HC job, he'll have to dip down into College to become a HC.

You need to know that a large percent of fans in New England have little if any love for Charlie Weis. The word is that he will likely get a Head Coaching job after this season. (Maybe with the Chargers) So there really was no need to give him a new contract. The tru going rate for most OCs is just about 500,000.00 So he is in the norm of pay. Only 3 OC get even close to 1,000,000.00. He also said only yeasterday that he is very happy in N.E. and has no problem with his curant contract. Most of the negative stuff was said by his agent.:tongue:

I think he is overrated what has he proven besides the fact that he has a system that fits perfectly with the patriots and the way brady manages a game? He is also working under one of the best if not the best coach in the league in BB, so I think he is overhyped and if he is released sooner or later will turn into just "another" coach. I could be wrong though!

There is a bit of mystery surrounding his situation in NE. One theory is that he has ticked off the owner with all his talk about wanting to be a HC. That and he went and got stomach reduction surgery that almost killed him, without consulting the team. And this was aimed at getting thinner to, yup, be more attractive as a HC candidate.

I think he still has a good relationship with Belichick, but clearly he didn't go to bat for him so he must feel he can replace him and not lose anything.

Back
Top Bottom