Chase Edmonds: "The connection from Tua to #10 and #17 has to be great." | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Edmonds: "The connection from Tua to #10 and #17 has to be great."

Great interview. Nice intelligence. So I watched his highlights, not that impressed.

But Shady McCoy -- who knows a little bit about the RB position and blocking scheme fits -- sure seems to be impressed.

So there's that.

I believe the area where Edmonds may shine is in the pass game. His best season thus far is 53 receptions for 402 yards and 4 TD's.

With #10, #17, #11 and #88 getting so much attention from defenses, I believe it's more likely than not that he eclipses those numbers. Maybe by a lot.

But Shady McCoy -- who knows a little bit about the RB position and blocking scheme fits -- sure seems to be impressed.

So there's that.

I believe the area where Edmonds may shine is in the pass game. His best season thus far is 53 receptions for 402 yards and 4 TD's.

With #10, #17, #11 and #88 getting so much attention from defenses, I believe it's more likely than not that he eclipses those numbers. Maybe by a lot.
Depends on the poison picked IMO...may be a weekly-to-week shuffle.

I Am Athlete is an exciting and revealing platform. Ex-players know how to ask better questions and they get way better answers

I Am Athlete is an exciting and revealing platform. Ex-players know how to ask better questions and they get way better answers

Any idea what happens with Channing, Fred, Ocho etc on the platform? Did they have a falling out?

I’ll definitely give you credit for being one of the ones with conviction on him being good for our system.

I’m skeptical…and happy to be wrong!
i had no idea about his fit in this system.

if that benefits him, all the better.

i saw in the AZ system that with the right opportunity, he could be special.

Last edited:
Love the comments about Waddle. We are going to have an offense finally that is playing chess. I am expecting a ton of chunk yardage where Ingold or Smythe or somebody else unexpected is open through diversion and they literally keep running...like 25..30 yard plays.

We have not had an offense that has been well designed and that includes the Gase years.

Love the comments about Waddle. We are going to have an offense finally that is playing chess. I am expecting a ton of chunk yardage where Ingold or Smythe or somebody else unexpected is open through diversion and they literally keep running...like 25..30 yard plays.

We have not had an offense that has been well designed and that includes the Gase years.
well said

loving all the positive vibes from our players too

So there's that.

I agree with you, Edmonds will have some success out of the backfield catching passes as an option if the WRs and TEs are not open. He is a good runner especially if there are some clear-outs by the receivers.

This new offense, what has to happen for this offense to be successful?
"The connection from Tua to #10 and #17 has to be great. People say it starts with the run game, but when teams scheme for us, the first two people that are going to come on the board is #10 and #17. So we are not going to see 8 in the box. And we if we can't run against a 7 man box, we ain't going to be a successful offense anyways. They are going to play us deep. Safety is not going to be at 8 yds. (LeSean McCoy: "Hell no!") There won't be too many 1 high's. So if we have an elite connection between #1, #10, and #17, that starts it off for us. And this offense bro, it will abuse 7 in the box."

Shady asked Edmonds what his fantasy football stats will be this year.
"Top 10 RB PPR. I'm going to get grabs. No prediction how much I will run for, but I will hit a career high this year."

Who has surprised you the most?
"It's not surprising, but Jaylen Waddle....I thought JW was just speedster guy. When I saw he had 100 catches and only 1,000 yds I thought he is just a dink and dunk. But Jaylen Waddle is going to snap this year. He is a way better route runner than I thought. His release game is crazy. I've seen 1v1 reps against X, Carlton Davis (Lesean McCoy: "He was killing those boys."). He is a go getter. People forget he has a 40" vertical. He goes and gets the ball and he plays with no fear."

lol-hey.gif

Back
Top Bottom