Chase is the Alpha WR in the draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase is the Alpha WR in the draft

I just see a Dolphin team that was amongst the league leaders in tight window throws. This was with either Tua and Fitz in the game so it wasn't QB dependent. It was all about the WRs. They just aren't good at getting separation. Most everybody understands that WR is their top need. But it's not just a need for a generic WR. The team's goal this off-season is to get WRs that excel at getting quick separation. No matter who tends up the OC, Miami's offense will be built around Tua's strengths at getting the ball out quickly and trying to replicate his demonstrated success with WRs that are good at getting separation. I don't see them choosing a WR like Chase, who's best attribute is his physicality on contested catches and the weakest part of his game is getting quick separation, over a WR like Smith who's biggest strength is getting quick separation. It would make no sense.

I think Miami needs to look at trading down from #3 to gain more draft power. Trade to #8 so Carolina can beat out Atlanta for the QB they want. I haven't been this excited as a Phinfan in a long time. It's a great time to be a Miami fan!!!

Lol Mecole Hardman is the more realistic comparison.
I'll take Waddle and the Tyreek Hill comparison before I insult Marvin Harrison and compare Devonta Smith to him.

I don't see how a Marvin Harrison comp is an insult? Read any evaluation on Smith and the only knock on him that anybody ever has is his weight. And even that hasn't shown up as a weakness on the field so it's just a hypothetical weakness. I can't recall a WR prospect with no weaknesses in his game. Even Julio Jones was considered slow to build up speed. On tape Smith is arguably the best WR prospect ever.

I don't see how a Marvin Harrison comp is an insult? Read any evaluation on Smith and the only knock on him that anybody ever has is his weight. And even that hasn't shown up as a weakness on the field so it's just a hypothetical weakness. I can't recall a WR prospect with no weaknesses in his game. Even Julio Jones was considered slow to build up speed. On tape Smith is arguably the best WR prospect ever.
Don’t disrespect Jerry Rice.

Chase was better than Justin Jefferson at LSU. We all know how that worked out.

JaMarr is a real #1 WR. You gotta draft one if you want one.

Smitty is just so smooth out there.Its just like what Pachy said he glides around without effort and is fast,Deceptively fast if that's possible.I am not worried about what his time in the 40 would be but I'd be curious to see it.
I am for Smith but if we trade down and get Chase I wont be hanging my head down.

Back
Top Bottom