Chase Young declares | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Young declares

I'm just gonna leave this here for @Awsi Dooger and @ANUFan .

Yes, I told you so.

Awsi's comments were especially ridiculous. Get your eyesight checked, bro.

Kudos.

I wasn't a whole hearted believer in Chase Young either. He's dropped that annoying lack of consistency and gone full-out.

Too bad there isn't a Chase Young in this draft.

We'd all be mocking him to Miami.

I’m still not sold on him. No 2 overall pick with 7 sacks on a stacked line. 7 is a solid number for any prospect but I expected more from what many said was the best player in the 2020 draft. I’ll let you know in about 2 years if he was worth the pick.

I’m still not sold on him. No 2 overall pick with 7 sacks on a stacked line. 7 is a solid number for any prospect but I expected more from what many said was the best player in the 2020 draft. I’ll let you know in about 2 years if he was worth the pick.
I agree. Seems like they gave him the award for his sideline speeches instead of his play. I don’t see a dominant force out there. He looks like a solid football player and a great teammate.

I dunno. I'm not going to be stubborn on this one. He was really good and the number of sacks don't describe it.

I dunno. I'm not going to be stubborn on this one. He was really good and the number of sacks don't describe it.

Re: your the last half of your last sentence, that’s the thing I kept preaching to the naysayers that kept harping on sack numbers and tackles. His presence on the field alone changes things.

I pointed to numerous plays in the 2nd Wisconsin game and the playoff against Clemson where the attention paid to him opened up a pressure or sack for a teammate. There was one play in particular where a DL got a sack on Lawrence because Etienne shaded to CY2 and he was eventually blocked by 3 different Clemson players. That **** doesn’t end up in a boxscore.

Neither does all the prep Clemson had to do for weeks to ensure Young didn’t wreck their game plan. In doing so, they changed what they typically did offensively. They exposed Lawrence more than they ever had before by running read option and utilizing his legs to force Young have to make decisions and not just pin his ears back knowing where TL was in the pocket.

When a team like Clemson changes what they do rather than try to make the opposition stop what they do best, it’s the ultimate form of making an impact. Without even making a statistical impact. That’s what many of these guys don’t understand.

Offenses can scheme a single defensive player out. But in doing so, it creates opportunities for others. That’s what Chase Young brings to the table. Just like both Bosa brothers.

While I also expected the sack total to be higher this past season in WAS his impact was still mighty impressive. I’m not big into PFF or advanced analytics, but he graded out very well there.

He made lots of impactful plays, and also was stout against the run. He and Montez Sweat are going to be wreaking havoc for quite a while.

I thought he was consensus #1 non QB. There were doubters?

I thought he was declaring again for 2021 or I had somehow done a groundhog day year when I saw this !

Back
Top Bottom