Chase Young with 1st pick | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Young with 1st pick

Young definitely has talent, and if Miami drafts him, I'll be more excited than disappointed.

However, I'm not 100% sold on him. I haven't watched a lot of Ohio St games, but what I have watched, I don't see enough effort from him.

It seems, to me, that if the play is on his side, or he has a chance at a sack, he balls out. On the other hand, if the play is away from him, he takes the play off and lollygags.
He is going to play against Penn st. Watch him. I definitely don't think you've seen enough regarding your analysis. I'm stoked his suspense was truncated.

Young definitely has talent, and if Miami drafts him, I'll be more excited than disappointed.

However, I'm not 100% sold on him. I haven't watched a lot of Ohio St games, but what I have watched, I don't see enough effort from him.

It seems, to me, that if the play is on his side, or he has a chance at a sack, he balls out. On the other hand, if the play is away from him, he takes the play off and lollygags.

to be fair, I’ve seen that assessment about many of the recent top ranked DEs. Last few years at least. Guys know they are getting first round hype and they turn it down a little.

I see where you are coming from, and your logic is good, but obviously this is a post from a Tua supporter and supported by Tua fans.

I agree QB is the most important position on the field but you are assuming there's no one as good as Tua in college football.

After the LSU game that opinioned changed and many found out there are other college QBs that compare, and there are other talented QBs that would compare if put in the same system, coaching and surrounded by the talent Tua, Borrow, Lawrence or Fields are surrounded by. There isn't another pass rusher in college that athletically and/or technically compares to Young, and it's not close.

Here's where the Buckeye logic comes in.. The Buckeyes have some of the top rated young DEs in college football to fill in for Young, are they at Young's callaibar yet? No.. but obviously, filling in for Young would be a bit easier for them.

Replacing a talented QB who has spent the whole off-season learning the system and gaining the experience through the first part of the season is by far more difficult for the Buckeyes or any team, college or pro.

So with that said I would pick Young first and pick a QB with a later pick, 1b or 1c and be happy.

Actually there is an Edge who has done more in less playing time than Young.it is Redshirt Freshman Grev Rousseau. He is a beast, but....same thing applies, while #15 has helped the team win the past 3 games, it is the play of the QB that has really won in those games.

We get that we need a pass rusher, but no position is more important than QB, not LT, Edge, CB. Always will be QB then the others. A better pick for this Flores team would be Epenesa who can be drafted after we pick our QB.

Flip side:

Dan Marino without a defense.

Be honest.. you need both.

Back
Top Bottom