Chase Young with 1st pick | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Young with 1st pick

No need to be sorry. I respect your opinion but the last time I look there were two guarantees in life......Death and Taxes

Ha, certainly, if you strip it to the bone like that. I just think there are on some very few and rare occasions a player turns up that you just know...... I think you can apply that to any sport... Sachin Tendulkar the cricketer, Cristian Ronaldo the footballer just some of the very few examples that exist and it is a short list but the first time I saw these kids when they were teenagers you just knew.

I saw Ronaldo first play for sporting Lisbon when he was 18 ( I think)and I I said to my friends a future world player of the year he was just a monster. I’m applying that to Chase Young. Every time I watch him that feeling gets stronger if anything. He will be a worldie but again that is my opinion and the other guarantee about this world is that everyone has an opinion .... but not necessarily the same as mine. I’m sure there are other NFL stars that some people here first saw play in college and just knew they would shine and be part of future records.

I like what u say in your posts and agree with most of what u say hence the apology

Ha, certainly, if you strip it to the bone like that. I just think there are on some very few and rare occasions a player turns up that you just know...... I think you can apply that to any sport... Sachin Tendulkar the cricketer, Cristian Ronaldo the footballer just some of the very few examples that exist and it is a short list but the first time I saw these kids when they were teenagers you just knew.

I saw Ronaldo first play for sporting Lisbon when he was 18 ( I think)and I I said to my friends a future world player of the year he was just a monster. I’m applying that to Chase Young. Every time I watch him that feeling gets stronger if anything. He will be a worldie but again that is my opinion and the other guarantee about this world is that everyone has an opinion .... but not necessarily the same as mine. I’m sure there are other NFL stars that some people here first saw play in college and just knew they would shine and be part of future records.

I like what u say in your posts and agree with most of what u say hence the apology
Ah it's all good bro. Didn't know you like soccer. My dad was born in Rome so of course I'm a fan. Ronaldo's doing his thing with Juve. Can't wait for the Euro 2020 as Italy already booked in for that. Hoping they can do better than 2018.

Ah it's all good bro. Didn't know you like soccer. My dad was born in Rome so of course I'm a fan. Ronaldo's doing his thing with Juve. Can't wait for the Euro 2020 as Italy already booked in for that. Hoping they can do better than 2018.

So you’re a juve man cool great club great history

Well, I like Juve but I've always like Roma and AC Milan.......I'm more into Italy international.....Euro cup and World Cup really.

I was gonna say if your old man was born in Rome you would be a Roma fan most likely (Lazio less likely). I don’t mind Roma loved Totti one of my favourite players again another great talented kid from an earl6 age but even more so Del Piero I saw his debut for June when he was 17. There was no doubts with him either pure talent from 14/15 years of age killing grown men in training. Yeah Italy are the second most famous footballing nation catanaccio and all that but Pele and Brazil kind of took top spot from way back and its stuck. I’m actually Persian but born in England and always hope for the England fans theyve been long suffering like the fin fans.

I picked up American football at roughly 5he same time as football cos growing up in Iran I attended a private International school which was American and they blooded us early into the game.

During my recently completed trip I was driving west from Pittsburgh to West Lafayette a week ago Friday. That drive took me smack through Columbus, Ohio. I found the local Buckeyes flagship station and they were having an extremely interesting conversation: If forced to give up either Chase Young or Justin Fields, who would it be?

The panel was instantly unanimous, and logical. You give up Chase Young.

Exactly. Any reasoned football fan or analyst would make that choice. So I'm thinking how it's possible as a Dolphins fan to somehow twist the logic and come up with Chase Young as your number one pick above all?

That's the same type of thinking that got us stuck in irrelevance for so long.

You have to take the quarterback. Give yourself a chance. One difference making player at that spot means more than a half dozen elsewhere. Plus he'll stay with you. The half dozen depart for greenery one by one.

The past two weeks have been incredibly demoralizing as a Dolphins fan. I can't believe anyone would throw away the big picture and actually believe it's a positive. I take no responsibility. I attended the Steelers game and manufactured a defeat, despite a very rocky start.

I like Flores. Who cares? We don't want him looking tough and resourceful right now. It's wasting an incredible opportunity. This type of team looks good in underdog mode. That could not be less relevant. Anyone who touts it is a fool. Once a stepladder team reaches playoff conventional or actual playoff entry, all the overachieving traits are minimized and the blue chip voids are front and center.

That's what the Dolphins face without the elite quarterback. Every victory jeopardizes our future. Now you are dependent on other teams gaffing in front of you. I didn't want to depend on anything except staying the course and picking the guy who has been best the longest.

During my recently completed trip I was driving west from Pittsburgh to West Lafayette a week ago Friday. That drive took me smack through Columbus, Ohio. I found the local Buckeyes flagship station and they were having an extremely interesting conversation: If forced to give up either Chase Young or Justin Fields, who would it be?

Exactly. Any reasoned football fan or analyst would make that choice. So I'm thinking how it's possible as a Dolphins fan to somehow twist the logic and come up with Chase Young as your number one pick above all?

You have to take the quarterback. Give yourself a chance. One difference making player at that spot means more than a half dozen elsewhere. Plus he'll stay with you. The half dozen depart for greenery one by one.

The past two weeks have been incredibly demoralizing as a Dolphins fan. I can't believe anyone would throw away the big picture and actually believe it's a positive. I take no responsibility. I attended the Steelers game and manufactured a defeat, despite a very rocky start.

I like Flores. Who cares? We don't want him looking tough and resourceful right now. It's wasting an incredible opportunity. This type of team looks good in underdog mode. That could not be less relevant. Anyone who touts it is a fool. Once a stepladder team reaches playoff conventional or actual playoff entry, all the overachieving traits are minimized and the blue chip voids are front and center.

That's what the Dolphins face without the elite quarterback. Every victory jeopardizes our future. Now you are dependent on other teams gaffing in front of you. I didn't want to depend on anything except staying the course and picking the guy who has been best the longest.

About as spot on as you can be. Everyone one this site should probably read it.

I see where you are coming from, and your logic is good, but obviously this is a post from a Tua supporter and supported by Tua fans.

I agree QB is the most important position on the field but you are assuming there's no one as good as Tua in college football.

After the LSU game that opinioned changed and many found out there are other college QBs that compare, and there are other talented QBs that would compare if put in the same system, coaching and surrounded by the talent Tua, Borrow, Lawrence or Fields are surrounded by. There isn't another pass rusher in college that athletically and/or technically compares to Young, and it's not close.

Here's where the Buckeye logic comes in.. The Buckeyes have some of the top rated young DEs in college football to fill in for Young, are they at Young's callaibar yet? No.. but obviously, filling in for Young would be a bit easier for them.

Replacing a talented QB who has spent the whole off-season learning the system and gaining the experience through the first part of the season is by far more difficult for the Buckeyes or any team, college or pro.

So with that said I would pick Young first and pick a QB with a later pick, 1b or 1c and be happy.

Here's where the Buckeye logic comes in.. The Buckeyes have some of the top rated young DEs in college football to fill in for Young, are they at Young's callaibar yet? No.. but obviously, filling in for Young would be a bit easier for them.

Replacing a talented QB who has spent the whole off-season learning the system and gaining the experience through the first part of the season is by far more difficult for the Buckeyes or any team, college or pro.

So with that said I would pick Young first and pick a QB with a later pick, 1b or 1c and be happy.

Thats exactly his point he is making and you are making for him haha You say he used good logic and you should have probably stopped there. The QB is pretty damn important. Its more important in the pros than it is in college (ala Bama winning national championships with lesser talent at QB but they arent gonna win this year with the best one in college football).

Javadeon Clowney probably won that game for the Seahawks the other day........that why the NFL valued him so high..........oh wait it was only a 3rd rounder it took to get him from the Texans. Where as it probably would take multiple 1sts for Russell Wilson. Seahawks defense is pretty terrible. Be a big loss for them to lose clowney. Do seahawk fans value Clowney over Russell? Of course not.

Thats exactly his point he is making and you are making for him haha You say he used good logic and you should have probably stopped there. The QB is pretty damn important. Its more important in the pros than it is in college (ala Bama winning national championships with lesser talent at QB but they arent gonna win this year with the best one in college football).

Javadeon Clowney probably won that game for the Seahawks the other day........that why the NFL valued him so high..........oh wait it was only a 3rd rounder it took to get him from the Texans. Where as it probably would take multiple 1sts for Russell Wilson. Seahawks defense is pretty terrible. Be a big loss for them to lose clowney. Do seahawk fans value Clowney over Russell? Of course not.
I didn't prove his point and I didn't mention anything about Clowney or Russell in any of my post, as you did. You are comparing Tua to Russell? I guess that's your point by bringing him up, you didn't make one there. I find that as a joke, long way to go for that comparison.

You can get a comparable QB to Tua throughout the draft, as history has proven.

I did say QB is the most important player on the team but I'm not so hung up on Tua as some of you guys to where I would pass on the best draft talent in Young.

Like I said, you can get a talented QB with 1b or 1c. I could give a rats *ss about Tua. As many have you have found out there are other Tua's or better in this draft.

I didn't prove his point and I didn't mention anything about Clowney or Russell in any of my post, as you did. You are comparing Tua to Russell? I guess that's your point by bringing him up, you didn't make one there. I find that as a joke, long way to go for that comparison.

You can get a comparable QB to Tua throughout the draft, as history has proven.

I did say QB is the most important player on the team but I'm not so hung up on Tua as some of you guys to where I would pass on the best draft talent in Young.

Like I said, you can get a talented QB with 1b or 1c. I could give a rats *ss about Tua. As many have you have found out there are other Tua's or better in this draft.

Yeah I am just gonna have to agree to disagree on all of that. My point is that I would rather have an opportunity at an Elite QB over an opportunity at an elite DE. Id take Herbert and burrow or Fromm over Young if I had to pick just one player. Not saying Young wont be good (I think he will be good), but the possible impact of a QB is a lot higher than Young. We have to swing the bat sometime on a QB. And who is to say you cant find pass rushers that are as productive as Young later on. If you are gonna use that logic on me about the QB position, we cant just say Young is gonna be a HOFer and no other DE will be in this entire draft. That's not how this goes.

We have already seen a first ballot hall of famer at DE in Jason Taylor get wasted because of bad QB play. Here in this very franchise. He didnt even make it to a AFC conference game in his career. He was DPOY of the year in 2006 and we went 6-10. QBs that win MVP arent on 6-10 teams.

Yeah I am just gonna have to agree to disagree on all of that. My point is that I would rather have an opportunity at an Elite QB over an opportunity at an elite DE. Id take Herbert and burrow or Fromm over Young if I had to pick just one player. Not saying Young wont be good (I think he will be good), but the possible impact of a QB is a lot higher than Young. We have to swing the bat sometime on a QB. And who is to say you cant find pass rushers that are as productive as Young later on. If you are gonna use that logic on me about the QB position, we cant just say Young is gonna be a HOFer and no other DE will be in this entire draft. That's not how this goes.

We have already seen a first ballot hall of famer at DE in Jason Taylor get wasted because of bad QB play. Here in this very franchise. He didnt even make it to a AFC conference game in his career. He was DPOY of the year in 2006 and we went 6-10. QBs that win MVP arent on 6-10 teams.
I respect your opinion and agree we need a qb, I'm just not as sure about Tua as some here are. I think he could be good but it's just harder for me to judge him as it is for Young. Not that Young will be an HOFer but he may have the athletic ability to be one IMO, if he has the drive to be..

I do like some of the possibilities with Herbert. Big arm and body type with some athletic ability. Just has to tame the big arm on occasions.

IMO NFL records are a product of team talent and coaching as much as QB play, of which all have been lacking in Miami for years.

To me drafting a QB is a crap shoot with many variables included, which may be why some bad decisions are made.

Young definitely has talent, and if Miami drafts him, I'll be more excited than disappointed.

However, I'm not 100% sold on him. I haven't watched a lot of Ohio St games, but what I have watched, I don't see enough effort from him.

It seems, to me, that if the play is on his side, or he has a chance at a sack, he balls out. On the other hand, if the play is away from him, he takes the play off and lollygags.

Back
Top Bottom