Chazz Surratt: Someone to keep an eye on | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chazz Surratt: Someone to keep an eye on

He's on my board as a mid round target. We coached him at the senior bowl so they got a good look at him.
I think the LB from Ohio State, Browning may also be a mid round target, for the same reason.

I think the LB from Ohio State, Browning may also be a mid round target, for the same reason.

I agree Browning most certainly is, but I think he's a top of round 2 kind of prospect which is going to be difficult for us to spend if we've not secured some of the bigger holes on the roster by then. Jabril Cox and Surratt are the players I would be looking at spending 81 on if we've passed on Parsons, Bolton or Collins already, if Browning gets there run the card up but I doubt he does. If they don't replace KVN in FA pretty sure they will go edge or LB with one of our premium picks.

Last edited:
He's on my board as a mid round target. We coached him at the senior bowl so they got a good look at him.
He got hurt so he never played in the game but I’m sure they like him.

I believe his measurements at the Senior Bowl came in much less than expected and that hurt him on many boards.

• Chazz Surratt (LB, North Carolina) - Listed at 6-foot-3, 230 pounds, Surratt was an enticing Day 2 off-ball linebacker prospect who could help add speed to a defense (such as the Giants). But while he didn’t measure much smaller than listed, coming in at 6-foot-1 1⁄2 inches, 227 pounds is noticeably smaller and (in comparison to players like Browning or Robinson) could be enough to influence a team with strict thresholds for positional size. Surratt’s play on the field will have to do the talking for him.

Had a coworker who was 5'5" , 150 LBS. He could do 27 reps without breaking a sweat. His high was 405 LBS.

no-country-tommy-lee-sad.gif

I don't know what to make of that...I surely don't

I agree Browning most certainly is, but I think he's a top of round 2 kind of prospect which is going to be difficult for us to spend if we've not secured some of the bigger holes on the roster by then. Jabril Cox and Surratt are the players I would be looking at spending 81 on if we've passed on Parsons, Bolton or Collins already, if Browning gets there run the card up but I doubt he does. If they don't replace KVN in FA pretty sure they will go edge or LB with one of our premium picks.
Spot on.

Those measurable are going to improve his draft stock. Take the 40 time with a grain of salt as pro day times are always a little favorable for the player but still... I'd say he got himself into the 2nd round for sure and maybe even the bottom of round 1.
I have read that the combine ppl are having a bigger presence at pro days this year to try to make sure everything is accurate, and on the up and up.

Back
Top Bottom