Cheap FA WR that can add depth to our core | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cheap FA WR that can add depth to our core

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
His name is Sylvester Morris and he was a 1st round pick of the Chiefs in 2000. His 6'3" and caught 48 passes for a 14.7 YA in a productive rookie year in 2000. He's been injured the past couple of years but is now healthy. Im not saying this guys going to be our savior but we should bring him in to compete for a job. He can be a 3rd/4th receiver and this will limit his chanced of getting hurt again.

It sounds good. I like him to compete for #3 or #4. Although I am worried we will be retaining the services of DT.:cry:

Give DT a shot with our new receivers coach. DT has shown he can play, but maybe just needs better coaching.

i agree, not as the number two, but i like DT at a cheap price with some new offensive coaches adn his second year in the system.

he was real down on himself last year and i expect him to do everything he can to improve and come back strong, you could at least tell he cared and was disappointed in his performance unlike some players today

I really liked SlyMo coming out of college, thought he might be the best WR in his draft. But that said, his injuries over the years have relegated him to Yatil Green status. The problem for him I think is that he got injured while he still had to get better in order to be a great NFL WR and he's been gettin injured ever since. With all that rehab he's been trying to get back to where he was when he first got injured, when really he needs to be better than he was in his rookie campaign. I doubt he'd make any more impact coming here as a rookie than what Yatil did as a 3rd WR for the Jets when we finally let go of him...which is to say not much.

We already scraped an injury case away from the Chiefs, his name is Snoop Minnis. He's got a really long neck, but he's a burner and I still feel he's got potential.

I like MOrris as well, as long as he can stay healthy. Henson was throwing passes to him yesterday in his workout.

I have a name for all of you:

J R TOLVER!!!!

Get this kid in the game!

Apparently, Sylvester Morris was 1 of the 5 WR's catching passes from Drew Henson yesterday in his workout.. He was very impressive as well..

Tampa Bay has signed Sylvester Morris today

"I have a name for all of you:

J R TOLVER!!!!

Get this kid in the game!"

This is oh so very true!!! I was excited last season when it looked like J.R. Tolver was going to get some playing time...then he was inactive again b/c of a knee injury...I want to see what this kid could do and I really think this kid will be our next O.J. McDuffie!!!

Dez White

Dez White
Height: 6-1
Weight: 215
Born: Aug 23, 1979 - Orange Park, FL
Draft: 2000 - 3rd round (7th pick) by the Chicago Bears by Rick and Dave ?

in 2003 he was 49/583 3 TD in 15 games

sounds a typical WR that we would sign like McK and DT so watch for him since he is a UFA

Originally posted by KATSKAN
No, Wanny bounced out of Chicago after the 1998 season and assisted JJ in 1999.
man :hitself: time flys when you are sitting home in January :o

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
His name is Sylvester Morris and he was a 1st round pick of the Chiefs in 2000. His 6'3" and caught 48 passes for a 14.7 YA in a productive rookie year in 2000. He's been injured the past couple of years but is now healthy. Im not saying this guys going to be our savior but we should bring him in to compete for a job. He can be a 3rd/4th receiver and this will limit his chanced of getting hurt again.

sorry but+

The Bucs have signed six "street" wide receivers since the end of the season, the most notable of whom is probably Sylvester Morris, the 2000 first-round draft pick of the Kansas City Chiefs. An all-rookie selection, Morris hasn't played since tearing up his knee in the summer of 2001, was released last year, and is strictly a gamble.

Back
Top Bottom