Check it out... The Other View... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Check it out... The Other View...

No supporting cast? He gets to throw to 4 pretty good WR in Ward, Gadsden, Chambers, and McKnight.

Supporting cast is more then just receivers. Even a killer defense is a supporting cast for a QB...see Kordell Stewart.

If Fiedler had a real good O line, along with a RB who could at least grind out the league average 4.0 YPC, he would be much more effective. Any QB would...again, see Kordell Stewart.

Go Phins!!!

Originally posted by dolfan87
Supporting cast is more then just receivers. Even a killer defense is a supporting cast for a QB...see Kordell Stewart.

If Fiedler had a real good O line, along with a RB who could at least grind out the league average 4.0 YPC, he would be much more effective. Any QB would...again, see Kordell Stewart.

Go Phins!!!

Kordell has two really good WRs though, and is more accurate then Fiedler. His RB can't catch anyway.

Kordell is not accurate at all. That is one of his flaws.

It doesn't matter that his running back can't run. His running back gives him 2nd and 5 consistantly while we get 2nd and 8.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
No supporting cast? He gets to throw to 4 pretty good WR in Ward, Gadsden, Chambers, and McKnight.

This is funny....the rap in the beginning of the season was that we kinda downgraded at the WR position...after all we had a rookie, a former 3rd string receiver from Dallas (McKnight), a backup from the Jets (Ward) and a limping former Arena leaguer (Gadson)....add to that Mr OJ who can be seen in night clubs instead near the Dolphins training facility, Mr "let me rather faircatch it, otherwise I fumble" Ogden....

Now, the season is over we have a probowl WR corps....

Let me remind you also that Chambers came into his own...McKnight fumbled and bobbled all year, Ward was injured early on, ran wrong routes and was only good in 3rd and 4th downs and Gadson...limped along. So, we really had only one receiver (Chambers) who also was injured against the Ravens.

No receivers, so to speak of, no running game and an injury depleated OL was all we had against the Ravens....

With all the obstacles and problems, we became a passing team with Fiedler throwing for over 3,200 yards. He shook of INTs early in the year and finishd as the top QB in the second half of the season....

His last 7 games: over 1,700 yards passing, 11TDs, 4 INTs. Pretty darn good for an average QB with a noodle for an arm if you ask me.

If he would have had the resemblance of a running game this year and we could have stopped the run a little...we could have gone further....very much further

Now Fiedler does not deserve maybe 5 million/year but he sure is worth more than the lousy 1.2 million he made last year.

If you go really cheap this time around at QB and let Fiedler go, we'll be in deep "S" because there is nobody out there I like to have on my team right now.

Relying on a QB gets you only that far...it doesn't matter what name you throw in...Marino,Elway, Fiedler, Grbac, Dilfer, Kelly......

Look at Kordel...he is an average QB...probably more average than Fiedler....he excells because:
a) he has a running game
b) he has an OL which blocks for the running game as well as for the passing game
c) he has a couple of receivers who make plays
d) has a D who can stop the run, creates turnovers and shortens the field for his O

Lookat Brady:
a) has a running game
b) has an OL which blocks for the running game as well as for the passing game
c) has a couple of receivers who make plays
d) has a D who can stop the run, creates turnovers and shortens the field

There is your AFC Championship game. You make either Kordel or Brady the one part you have to rely on...and neither would be even close the the game next week.

Supporting cast is more than just one receiver.....this sport is a team sport.

So FFiB

I'm guessing you liked the article eh? ;)

I remember some people saying that we downgraded at the WR position.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I don't remember anyone saying we downgraded at WR.

I can give you links to a couple MBs who change their opinions like I do my underwear (twice daily...LOL)....plus Hyde, LeBtard, and other "experts" thought that we did try to upgrade but did not because we were "to cheap" and only got backups....

The only postives I've heard was that we somewhat upgraded the speed but with Fiedler we would not be able to utilize it...

This is possibly the dumbest thread, and shortest of memory ever. Does anyone remember last season? We had a great running game, a great o-line, and a devastating defense and Jay had a horrible year. He had no WRs, but either does Kordel 2 first round flops is how I have heard them described. That doesn't matter though since you have all said if we had a running game and an o-line it wouldn't matter how our wrs played. I don't need to look at any win loss record or td to int record to evaluate Jay. I can tell by watching every game he has started that he can't throw the deep ball to save his life, he has trouble reading complex defenses, he is lacking confidence witch contributes to him holding the ball 2 long at times, and he is very inaccurate at times. I also know that he is a great leader, has more heart than anyone on the team, and he takes to much heat for a struggleing Dolphin team. As I see it I wouldn't mind having him back if we fixed our running game, but if he is serious about 5mill I say buh bye mainly because we have 2 guys on the bench that are not that big of steps down and make less than a mill per.

Heh

Can't throw the deep ball to save his life. Lets see, well when his receivers have been healthy. I remember a sweeeeeet 74 yard strike to Chambers vs the Colts. The two TDs against the Bills were deep. Remember the Titans? ;P He didn't have much trouble reading 'complex' defenses in the second half. You know why? Because he smartened up and let things work itself out. Maybe if he had more than a second before having to run, he might be a little more accurate. Lack in confidence? I thought he had TO much confidence, which made him almost ****y at times.

Originally posted by Dajesus
This is possibly the dumbest thread, and shortest of memory ever. Does anyone remember last season? We had a great running game, a great o-line, and a devastating defense and Jay had a horrible year. He had no WRs, but either does Kordel 2 first round flops is how I have heard them described. That doesn't matter though since you have all said if we had a running game and an o-line it wouldn't matter how our wrs played. I don't need to look at any win loss record or td to int record to evaluate Jay. I can tell by watching every game he has started that he can't throw the deep ball to save his life, he has trouble reading complex defenses, he is lacking confidence witch contributes to him holding the ball 2 long at times, and he is very inaccurate at times. I also know that he is a great leader, has more heart than anyone on the team, and he takes to much heat for a struggleing Dolphin team. As I see it I wouldn't mind having him back if we fixed our running game, but if he is serious about 5mill I say buh bye mainly because we have 2 guys on the bench that are not that big of steps down and make less than a mill per.

no deep ball?

I've seen plenty of deep balls....

no accuracy? just two plays for you (of many this season)

In Buffalo: 4th and 15...a laser over the middle for 16

in NE: 3rd and 14: a laser over the middle for 15 yards

Both passes were accurate....

Marino may not have the arm of Marino in his prime but he can throw easily 40-50 yards...

I've seen him OVERTHROW WR which were 40-45 yards downfield...and that where the travesty lies...

fans say: he can't throw the deep ball and show underthrows downfield as evidence....yet when he overhtrows then he is inaccurate...and forgotten is his "noodle arm"...

Most critics of Fiedler jump from one end to another just to make a case. I've heard a poster say that he'll never end up with an 80 rating at the end, that he will never throw for over 3,000 yards, he'll barely have a couple games in the 200 yards for the season, he'll can do a 2 minute drive with the game on the line, you can't rely on him to win a game...

well he has done all that plenty this year...oh..I forgot...he can't throw the outs (another myth he has proven wrong)...

The only wrap anybody has on him are his INTs.

He is still no 5 million dollar/year QB....but heck...look at last year's FAs and I guess that what may be the market is....

Re: Heh

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Can't throw the deep ball to save his life. Lets see, well when his receivers have been healthy. I remember a sweeeeeet 74 yard strike to Chambers vs the Colts. The two TDs against the Bills were deep. Remember the Titans? ;P He didn't have much trouble reading 'complex' defenses in the second half. You know why? Because he smartened up and let things work itself out. Maybe if he had more than a second before having to run, he might be a little more accurate. Lack in confidence? I thought he had TO much confidence, which made him almost ****y at times.

I won't dispute much since everyone is intitled to their own opinon even when they are as wrong as you. 74 yard pass agianst indy was a 5 yard screen pass that Chambers broke for 74 yards. The 2 against the bills the first 1 Chambers made a catch that not many would and he threw it behind him and put Chris in a compromising situation. the 2nd the d broke down, and no one was within 15 yards of Chris, and Jay again put it behind Ghris forecing him to come to a complete stop to make the catch. Remember the titans? I remember him throwing a 1 yard pass that Lamar turned in to a 62 yard pass. Do you watch the games or just read the box scores? Since I didn't elaborate on the unaccurate statement let me know. Watch any game in the past season, pay close attention to any screen pass to the wr(every game has about 10, way to go Chan) the reason I talk about this pass is the accuracy is crucial to being a succsefull play, if the qb makes the wr stretch, bend, or jump it negates all his speed and will gain no more than 3-5 yards, if it is delivered to a fast wr in his chest the option of a 73 yard gamebreaker increases by about 50%jay hits the wr in the chest about 1 out of every ten, now watch someone like Farve, Aikmen, Marino, Young it in the chest 9 out of 10. the other accuracy issue is the deep passes. the only 1 he hit the wr w/out stopping his momentum or foward progress was the 1 to Mcknight (i think) in the Denver game. That was 1 all season. Everyother deep pass was Chambers defying the laws of gravity or reason, or just a breakdown on defense. Trust me rewatch any game and look for theese things you will be amazed.

One more thing I am sick of hearing about 11 tds to 4 ints in the last 7 games. He played the Colts and Bill 2 times each thoose defenses can make Ryan Leaf look like a superstar.

Back
Top Bottom