Roman529 said:
this mock sucks mine is better

#7 Cedric Benson
#18 Travis Johnson
#46 Ernest Shazor
#70 Adrian Mcpherson
#104 Kirk Morrison

Not bad....but I doubt Minny is moving up. :shakeno:

I LOVE IT GREAT MOCK :evil: I LIKE THE #7 PICK THE BEST OF ALL BUT THEY R ALL GOOD :evil:

Might even trade up for T.J. to make sure no one else picks him.

Matt Jones

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=mortensen_chris&id=2025109

It was evident during the NFL meetings last week in Hawaii that Jones is perhaps the fastest riser in the draft. Because of his position switch, he had been labeled as a second-day pick, probably a fourth-round selection.

He's not going on the second day. He's a better bet to go in the top half of the second round, and he could slip into the bottom third of the first round.

"How do you ignore him?" one AFC general manager said. "He's the best athlete in the draft. It may not even be close. Honestly, he's the most mesmerizing player I've ever evaluated."

Alex Barron

And you're fooling yourselves if you think the only top flight prospect at LT is going to last past the 10th pick in the 1st round.

The thing about this mock is that it allows the new coaches to whom we've paid all this money to actually DO something to earn their pay. Houck can develop a pro-bowl LT who can last a decade at the position. He can also (hopefully) develop a pro-bowl center in Wilkerson. Linehan can develop McPherson like he did Culpepper. And Baggett can develop Jones in tandem with McPherson.

Arrington (or Fason) purely fulfills a need at RB, and Arrington and Gordon would be a terrific change-of-pace combo -- Gordon is your tall, straight-up, slashing runner, and Arrington is your shorter, bowling ball type. Both can catch as well.

Anyway, you don't hire all these new coaches and then not take advantage of what they do best. Your draft needs to be consistent with your other hires if you're going to have a long-term masterplan.

I think Matt Jones would be the bomb.........But if we did have #18, what would happen is that we would drop down like the year we got Bowens and pick up some more draft picks and then take him. That makes more sense. Its all about value and getting picks.

Back
Top Bottom