CHEER UP: A little perspective | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CHEER UP: A little perspective

NYCphan

Stuck in Jetsville
Reaction score
Let’s get it out of our system: The Viking game was embarrassing. We did not look like a team peaking at the end and getting the job done. Et cetera.

Now, let’s get a little perspective on where we actually are.

It has looked for weeks like the last game at New England would decide the AFC East. It appeared briefly as though we might not even need it, after the Pats’ loss last Monday. Now we do need it. Big deal. As far as the standings go, we’re really no worse off than we expected to be a month ago. We need to win next week, just like we expected to all along.

(By the way, the Jets can win the division by winning their last two games, if we also lose next week.)

We are not out of the hunt for a first-round bye, incredible as it seems. It’s true we need help, but one of the games we need to go our way is a Steelers loss. They play Monday night in Tampa. I’d say that looks good.

I do not relish the prospect of stumbling into the playoffs as a 9-7 wild card, having lost our last two. But that’s a possibility also, and I’d rather be in the playoffs than out of them, as the gloating Jets and Bills fans floating around here will be the first to agree.

I don’t think all this blather about road games, cold games, or history makes any difference. But if it makes you feel any better, we’ve won two out of our last three in New England. And yes, one of those wins (2000) was in December, in the last game of the season.

I just realized something today that may help also...Besides the fact that Oakland could lose to Denver......Tennessee's remaining games might be a little tougher than we originally thought.....First of all Jacksonville and Tennessee are about as close to arch rivals as you can get....if anybody is familiar with Tennessee it's Jacksonville.........Second......way back in the beginning of the season someone from the Texans jokingly said that as long as they go 2-14 they will consider their season a success.....the two wins? The first game against the cowboys and their last against the Titans/ex-Oilers......so there is still actually a little hope for homefield advantage still........I know it's a long shot but it could happen........maybe.......I doubt it.....but it COULD.......it might.......I hope.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I just realized something today that may help also...Besides the fact that Oakland could lose to Denver......Tennessee's remaining games might be a little tougher than we originally thought.....

Forget it. Now we want the Titans to win out, or lose out. Winning out is far more likely, so cheer for Tennessee tomorrow.

I have to laugh about the winds of change in here...last week we should have been rooting for the Pats to win...we are looking for home field and a bye...this week we are fighting for our playoff lives...could you imagine if NE would have won last week????/thats why I have said from the beginning....forget all that other crap...we need to concentrate on our div.....now thats preety much what we have to count on

There's a thread called 'SUNDAY'S GAMES: updated outlooks' elsewhere, which has my thoughts on it anyway, for what it's worth.

Very good post NYC. Thanks for the good words, we all need them to lift our spirits.

Back
Top Bottom