Cheer up lads. Here is the good news. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cheer up lads. Here is the good news.

Look nobody is happy right now. I get it. And many people have very VALID criticisms about Tua...myself included.

But just a few weeks ago we were high as kite on our potential...and Tua WAS PART OF THAT HYPE!

To be honest...I'm excited. This kid was humbled by the NFL. He got his *** kicked. He is going to have to work his *** OFF now. Missing the playoffs SUCKS...but I'd rather him be FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE to win this job back rather than him get to cruise leisurely on the back of our defense to another win or 2 and avoid that criticism. I'm honestly glad that our draft wasn't hurt by wins we ultimately wouldn't have deserved. We're not there quite yet and we should be grateful for this season. Look at the positives.

We have the 3rd, 18th, and 36th picks. We essentially have ANOTHER THREE 1st rounders for a 2nd year in a row!

Now let your imagination run wild. You want to give up on Tua? You want to fix the O-Line with a once-in-a-decade talent? You want to get a stud at WR and RB? You want to trade down and gather EVEN MORE resources!? Right now anything is possible...so let your thoughts entertain this for a moment.

Me?

I want to see Sewell and then a trade up to 7-8 for our most highly coveted WR. Imagine that...getting 2 of the BEST prospects in this draft to support Tua to see if he is the real deal. Give Tua a proper offseason. Give him a proper O-Line. Give him a proper WR. Give him a 2nd chance...he deserves it.

Please...don't bring negative nancy **** into this thread. By all means, be critical...but don't just ***** and moan. We have a dozen other threads already hijacked by that. I'd like to see what YOU see as positives going forward and what you hope to see us do in FA, the draft, etc...because if we remove all the emotion and we travel back to August...and if we were to tell ourselves that, despite a ruined offseason, we would go 10-6, have one of the top defenses in the NFL, and we saw Tua's statistics...we would be absolutely ****ing ECSTATIC. You know it. So pick your head up and get back to thinking logically...

- We should consider ourselves fortunate regarding Tua - we got a ton of analysis on him (earlier than expected) and he wasn't injured.
- We have the youngest team in the league and at times we were able to perform with the best of them (e.g. KC.)
- Our weak links are really coming into focus now. We're much more clear about what needs to be done than after last season.
- We have a ton of $$$ to spend in FA and the players finally want to play here again.
- We have a trove of draft picks and can do just about anything we want in the draft.
- And the Patriots suck.

How MANY seasons in my lifetime where I wish I could have said all these things!? I see nothing but positives right now.
Not a bad way to look at it i guess. I myself would not take sewell at 3. I would trade back if I could still under 10 for another pick next year. I would draft skill position players with the first 3 picks. Bring in some FAs also. If we're going to double down on Tua, we really need 3 stud wrs, and a great rb. Two rbs maybe.

Thanks for your positive spin.
No to Sewell at 3. And here is why.
Miami absolutely MUST, if possible, trade down from 3 and add a first next year(2022). Not too far, but enough to get a first in 2022. Miami still wants to pick top 8 or 9.
If Lawrence and Wilson/Fields go 1 and 2, you assume pick three goes to a team trading for Wilson/Fields who didn't go at two.
Then, you have left: Pitts, D Smith, J Waddle, J Chase, Still Sewell, and Parsons. That gets you one of the top guys, and you can get one of them at 9.
(I think Pitts has HOF potential. I wouldn't disregard taking him. WR's can be had all through the draft)
You do that trade down, add that 1 for 2022. That allows you to keep building with studs through the draft, cheap help, but it also gives you ammo/protects you in the 2022 draft in case you need to replace Tua. By then, the team will be more built up, you can trade both 1's and your 2 to move around for a QB.
If Tua shows great improvement in 2021, then worst case, you have two #1 picks in 2022. And more than likely, trading down with one of those teams picking 4-9, that pick could be very high in 2022.
Whatever Miami does, they shouldn't pick at 3.
Just my humble opinion.
They might have too and everyone should assume they will - finding a trade partner is harder than these draft websites would lead us to believe / and everyone has glaring holes in both sides of the ball why give up cheap controlled talent???

So assume it is 3 you gonna take Pitts?? Doubt he lasts to 18

It is, but you have to be prepared to pick at 3, becuase you are releying on other teams for senario 1 that can't be counted on. Lets say a trade back in not possible, who do you take at 3?
Bingo

trade down sounds sexy but really who is that stupid other than O’Brien types who think they are one player away

All the teams 1-10 have issues and need cheap controllable talent

Bingo

trade down sounds sexy but really who is that stupid other than O’Brien types who think they are one player away

All the teams 1-10 have issues and need cheap controllable talent

Can't help but wonder how a reduced cap will affect trading. Looks like the difference between #3 and #7 is about $10mm. Yeah, yeah, if a team ABSOLUTELY wants a guy, that may not matter. But if it becomes, 'I wonder how much Miami may want,' maybe not.

No tradedowns....wr at 3 and rb at 18.....who are the morons wanting to keep picking oline in the first? Say no to oline in the first. That would be dumb.

IDK, Sewell is tempting. He is a cornerstone player.

QB, Pass rusher, LT (in our case RT), or CB. Those are the positions would like to draft with a top 5 pick.

We've got the QB and CBs. Dont see any amazing pass rushers to take that high, like a chase young from last year. Sewell could be a fixture on that line for a dozen years.

Damn, I'd love Smith, but its a little high to draft a WR.

Crap, I'd be happy with any of the 3 (Sewell, Parsons, or Smith) TBH.

I think Carolina is QB needy, maybe we can trade down with them and still snag Smith.....

No tradedowns....wr at 3 and rb at 18.....who are the morons wanting to keep picking oline in the first? Say no to oline in the first. That would be dumb.
Don't worry, Grier and Flo are no moron.

Would Austin Jackson move to RT if we got Sewell? He will be the BPA but Id prefer a trade down from 3 and keep the multiple 1st round pick train going another year. We've been drafting OL early every year it seems. Using the #3 pick on anyone other than QB or LT would be a reach for such a high pick. The most value comes from trading out of it since we will not use it on a QB.

Last edited:
No what would be dumb is not trying to trade down from #3 if you really want a WR as you will get a very good one along with a number of picks if you can get someone to bite anywhere from 5 - 10.

Back
Top Bottom