Chicago sources say Bears have "moved on" & no longer want Wale | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chicago sources say Bears have "moved on" & no longer want Wale

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A published report out of Miami had Jerry Angelo planning a trade offer for Ogunleye this week after agent Drew Rosenhaus said he had talked with the Bears, but team sources dismissed that possibility Monday.

Ogunleye never was invited to Halas Hall for a physical, and a team source said the Bears would be wary of negotiating a trade offer for a player with whom they are so unfamiliar.

Some teams had concerns over the condition of Ogunleye's surgically repaired left knee that was injured his senior year at Indiana University. It's now a moot point, because the Bears have "moved on," according to a source.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...9bears,1,7421890.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Yeah I figured a lot of it was just Rosenhaus blabbing, trying to force the Dolphins to do something quickly. After Saturday I think we'll get a defenite answer on what's going to happen to Ogun.

But how can that be????? Drew said that they were interested.. :lol: :lol: :lol: ...could he have lied??? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: ...I am heartbroken...maybe he won't do it again :roflmao: :roflmao:

NYPhinFan said:
But how can that be????? Drew said that they were interested.. :lol: :lol: :lol: ...could he have lied??? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: ...I am heartbroken...maybe he won't do it again :roflmao: :roflmao:

Do you mean an agent streeeeeeeeeeeeeetched the truth just a little? Shocking! What's the world coming to?

i hope we can sign him now that NE got dillon we need him to help our defense. i would hate to see some rookie getting pushed around like smith did last year

I knew there was a reason why I always refer to that agent as Punk Drew in my posts...Well, suffice to say that it should not surprise anyone....

I thought it was funny last night on NFL tonight, they used Drew's "predictions" on McGahee as the ultimate "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING"!!

Ogun's staying with us. Pat and Sam can relax now and JT's happy that he won't get double every down next season.

Ozzy rules!!

Couple of notes.

1) Rosenhaus has equal mix credible, inside info and complete, utter BS. That's the tough part about him... he knows things we don't but he clutters it with bogus lies meant to improve his clients' positions. So take anything he says with a grain of salt, but be aware of the possibility.

2) How coincidental! The Bears are reporting Aaron Gibson has finally got his weight in check and is turning heads, and they also want to include him in a trade to us for OGun! So weird that his reaching potential happens to happen right when they want to trade him away... smokescreen anyone? Like when we reported that Fletcher was "coming on strong" in T.C. just to stir up trade interest?

3) The Bears are not going to show their cards. SURE they're not interested. SURE Keyshawn will never play for Bill Parcells. SURE the Ravens weren't interested in TO. Sure the Ricky Williams trade had no chance of happening. Don't quote them on this stuff. Wait and see.

What about Chambers, McMicheal, Ricky, Surtain? They all need new contracts this year and next year. If we give Ogun all this money, you don't think those 4 are going to say they want less.

1. Ricky
2. Pat Surtain
3. Chris Chambers
4. Randy Mcmicheal
5. Ogun

That is my ranking of their importance to our team as a whole.

Phinsdude said:
What about Chambers, McMicheal, Ricky, Surtain? They all need new contracts this year and next year. If we give Ogun all this money, you don't think those 4 are going to say they want less.

1. Ricky
2. Pat Surtain
3. Chris Chambers
4. Randy Mcmicheal
5. Ogun

That is my ranking of their importance to our team as a whole.

I haven't heard anything about a new contract for RW. Surtain is currently in negotiations to restructure and create cap space, reportedly to re-sign Chambers and Ogun. Mcmichael is a year away from being in a position to demand more money and, as much as I like Mcm, an all-pro DE is always more valuable than a TE.

Back
Top Bottom