Chicago Tribune reports 4 teams want O-gun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chicago Tribune reports 4 teams want O-gun

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
you have to register to the site, so no link...
"The Bears' backup plan to find a dominant pass rusher might lead the Bears to make a run at Adewale Ogunleye of the Dolphins. A league source said Wednesday night the Bears were one of four teams that have made inquiries about Ogunleye, a restricted free agent who had 15 sacks last season. "

The dreaded "league source"..hopefully one of the teams has a mid first round pick.

if I were a team that needed a pass rusher, I sure as heck would not want to start off looking at a RFA tendered at the max., if there was a decent UFA out there. Ogun may have a little waiting time on his hands

Well, it's good that Wistrom and Kearse are off the market...now O-Gun is by far the best option.

Unless a team is willing to give a pick between 10-17 for OGUN, I say he stays.

Ogun will be a dolphin next year unless they decide to trade him. Nobody will sign him to a offer sheet, and give up 1st, and 3rd picks.

I'm sure the FO is getting plenty of calls though about acquiring him at a cheaper price.

Originally posted by dockennylz
Unless a team is willing to give a pick between 10-17 for OGUN, I say he stays.
he is a FA even if he is a RFA, so it is not up to the FO or us; though as was said, mostly, a trade like the Feeley trade w/b worked out to save the other team a pick

well they were one of the teams mentioned along with seattle, buffalo, philly etc. aren't they around the 13-16th pick? (i'm too lazy now about to go to sleep soon to look it up....)

KEEP O-GUN!
KEEP O- GUN!!

Remember, the best pass defence, is pass rush :)

He never said he wasn't a FA, he said he wouldn't get an offer and thus would be forced to sign our tender and play for that amount.

I have all along contended that O-Gun will not get an offer and we would trade him for a lesser price, or he'd stay, get franchised and traded next year in teh offseason. Sorry O-Gun, we're never going to let you go for free.

I'd like to have him back but I don't wanna lose him for nothing after next season.Nothing's going our way so far but something good has to be about to happen imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom