Chicken and the egg.. O Line or RB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chicken and the egg.. O Line or RB

Yeah neither of these guys is close to Ricky's level. While that line in 2002 wasn't great it was no where near as bad as the line they are fielding this season. Tim Ruddy was a pretty good center. Jamie Nails was also good at LG, Mark Dixon wasn't a very good LT but he was probably on the same level as Jesse Davis. Todd Wade was an average RT. Todd Perry was probably a little better than what they have now at RG.
Yep, probably better than the 2019 offensive line. Still, nothing to rave about.

Runningbacks looked great last year with a better O-line,

Kenyan Drake is a good back, and can be a dangerous weapon if used right. His ideal role is as a change of pace back. As someone else in the thread posted, ball security is something he really needs to work on, but it can be done. I'd love to get Najee Harris in the draft next year and bring him in as the #1 guy. I really don't care for Ballage

Zeke would of done better, but not 125 yards better.

His bread and butter is able to run just as hard at carry 20 as he did on carry 5.
That's when he starts to dominate.

However, if he's getting whacked at or behind the LOS by the DL then he won't be that effective.

Miami needs upgrades at both. Don't need All-Pros like Dallas, but some upgrades here and there.

It's not hard to determine the difference. Average yards after contact can tell you if a RB is doing his job (assuming he's actually hitting the right holes) and average yards before contact can tell you if the Oline is doing their job.

In short, neither are.

Don’t think it matters with this line. They are awful in run blocking. With that said this line is 10x better pass blocking than I thought they’d be. That’s not saying much because I thought we’d give up 70 or so sacks but I am impressed with pass protection for the most part.

Well Ballage runs through wide open holes and then gets knocked down by a gust of wind. And Drakes football IQ is that of a 3rd grader so...

Back
Top Bottom