Chiefs fans want Surtain Badly. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs fans want Surtain Badly.

Nublar7 said:
The Chiefs don't? If I recall you didn't have a winning season either.

We sucked less then you sucked :D ,but no matter who sucked less, we were both losers.

KChiefs1 said:
SF or Miami? Who cares? You both suck!:roflmao:

You will too. Your team is aging and second of all you guys aren't that great. You played the Raiders twice and yet you couldn't even be a 500 team?

I wasn't trying to be annoying but when you guys say you hope we suck & that you hope Moss scores 4 td's...you don't know what you are talking about. Sure the Chiefs need defense & I want Surtain, but don't start putting down my team.

KChiefs1 said:
I wasn't trying to be annoying but when you guys say you hope we suck & that you hope Moss scores 4 td's...you don't know what you are talking about. Sure the Chiefs need defense & I want Surtain, but don't start putting down my team.

you started it :D

KC dont get ugly dude the chiefs have a strong core of offensive players but the window is closing... your GM is a fool to not make this trade I feel bad for you all. it would have been a win/win.

I hope they suck again this year, Vermiel retires and the team falls into disarray. That would make my day

yeah I started it!:roflmao:

KC dont get ugly dude the chiefs have a strong core of offensive players but the window is closing... you GM is a fool to not make this trade I feel bad for you al.l it would have been a win/win.
Absolutely! I totally agree, but I'm not the King of Arrowhead like Peterson is either!:shakeno:

zeke0123 said:
KC dont get ugly dude the chiefs have a strong core of offensive players but the window is closing... your GM is a fool to not make this trade I feel bad for you all. it would have been a win/win.

This article restores my confidence, slightly at least, that the trade getting done:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/11446127.htm

Dolphins, Chiefs running out of time to get trade done

spacer-3.gif

[size=-1]By JASON COLE and ARMANDO SALGUERO[/size]
spacer-3.gif

[size=-1]Miami Herald[/size]
spacer-3.gif

MIAMI - If the Dolphins can't get the quarterback they want with the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL draft, they might take the wide receiver everybody else seems to want. At least that's the message the Dolphins were sending to teams interested in Michigan wide receiver Braylon Edwards, said a source who spoke with coach Nick Saban.

In addition, the Dolphins reiterated their message to Kansas City that there will be no bargain trade for cornerback Patrick Surtain after seeing Houston deal second- and third-round picks to Oakland for cornerback Philip Buchanon.

The Dolphins contacted the Chiefs again Wednesday to say they want at least a second-round pick for Surtain, a Pro Bowl player entering the final year of his contract. Even though Surtain's $8.4 million contract is a hardship for the cap-strapped Dolphins, Saban has said he will keep Surtain rather than give him up for the fourth-round pick Kansas City initially offered.

Chiefs president Carl Peterson countered by saying time was running out to get the deal completed. The Chiefs and Dolphins likely need to have an agreement in place by Thursday.

``We're running out of time to get it done for this particular draft,'' Peterson said during a news conference with the Kansas City media. ``It would necessitate coming to an agreement, getting him here to pass a physical, getting a contract signed and having it approved by the league and all that. It's not something that can be done on draft day.

``There are too many things that need to happen. If it doesn't happen, we're certainly going to go ahead and draft. Then the options for the next draft are available.''

Peterson went on to say he would ``prefer not to trade our second-round draft choice'' but didn't rule it out.

Saban was making similarly strong statements in NFL circles about Edwards if Utah quarterback Alex Smith, whom the Dolphins covet most, goes with the No. 1 overall pick to San Francisco.

FORCING A HAND?

Whether that is a sincere desire or a clever ruse designed to force Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Washington or any other team interested to trade up for Edwards, Saban is countering the popular idea going around the league that he will settle on a running back.

Most prognosticators have been saying for weeks that Saban will take running back Ronnie Brown of Auburn or Cedric Benson of Texas if forced to select at No. 2. Among the prognosticators appears to be Cleveland, which has the No. 3 overall pick and also wants Edwards or to trade down.

``Saban really wants to tell Cleveland off,'' a source said.

HIGHEST-RATED

Saban has said numerous times he will take the player rated highest on the team's draft board, regardless of position or need. Saban's belief is that a running back is not a good investment for a contract that could feature anywhere from $20 million to $25 million in guaranteed money at No. 2 overall.

All of this is part of what is becoming a mysterious draft among the top picks. As of Wednesday, most of the league felt confident that the 49ers would settle on Smith.

However, contract talks between agent Tom Condon, who represents Smith, and the 49ers were at a standstill. The major stumbling block was the amount of money Smith would receive in the final two years of a six-year deal. Condon, a hard-line negotiator, is pushing for a contract in line with the deal he got for 2004 No. 1 overall pick Eli Manning with the New York Giants.

49ERS' OPTIONS

The 49ers could go back to quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who has agreed to the basic parameters of a deal. Rodgers is likely to accept a deal at this point because there is a strong feeling around the NFL that Rodgers could slip a long way in the draft if he doesn't go in the top two.

The 49ers also could opt to take Edwards, although that seems unlikely at this point. The key in all of this for the Dolphins is to maximize their chance of trading out of the No. 2 overall slot.

Because the Dolphins don't have a second-round pick and have only two picks in the first three rounds, they would like to trade down. If they trade down and deal Surtain, the Dolphins could end up with at least four picks on the first day of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom