Chiefs playing the waiting game.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs playing the waiting game..

Dubfire

Deep Dish Fan
Reaction score
I think when push comes to shove KC will cough up that second round pick for Surtain..

Or could they be holding out hope that by some miracle either Pac Man or Rolle drop to #15. I think thats highly unlikely though. They could also take Carlos Rogers there who seems to be climbing on everyone's boards. No way in hell he's better than Pat, but they may be content with that.

Who knows? :confused:

No doubt Carlos Rogers is climbing up the board, and yes hes not as good as Pat. who knows how he'll turn out in a few years in the NFL but the Chiefs think they can win NOW. so if they believe their window is closing they want a proven CB in the NFL. Pat it is

i think i would take pat over rogers, i could see them seeing if the could get rolle or pac-man by some miracle but i dont see that happening

It's feasible that we may see that trade with the Chiefs happen right about the time they pick. They NEED a corner more than an Ethiopian needs a sandwich. One like Pat would allow them to do 3001 different theings on defense. They HAVE to know that. I wish they'd stop being b****es and cough it up. If you want to make a run, be serious about it. Getting a guy like Surtain would have every Chiefs fan happier than a midget at a mini-skirt contest.

KC will trade us their 2nd for Pat. They want to give Vermeil one more shot at a Superbowl. Vermeil retires at the end of the season.

I would laugh if they don't cough up the pick, then we trade down and take either Rolle or PacMan...although that would be pretty unlikely if Surtain is still around.

Vermeil is gonna be breaking out the kleenex's if we end up dealing Pat elsewhere...he who waits is sometimes lost...or something like that. :lol:

We should be asking for more then just a 2nd now, considering what Buchanon went for. A 2nd and a 3rd would be wonderful :)

BuffaloRanger said:
Clements is worth more than Buchanon, it sets the price. At least a first and a 3rd.

askabry said:
I could easily see us moving Nate Clements, sliding Troy Vincent back to DB, and moving down out of #9 to take some combination of a saftey and a lineman. For instance ... trade Nate for #9 ... then trade #9 to San Diego for #12 and 28. San Diego gets the WR they covet, we take Alex Barron and with #28 a safety (Thomas Davis?).

Move Travis to Philly/TB and use #35 to take Spencer/Baas. Then use #55 on Nugent ... and you've completely restocked the team in the secondary, at LT, at C/G and at K. All for one player with appreciable playing time next year ... and that you would have lost the following year anyway.

From the Bills site. Keep dreaming guys!!

Roman529 said:
Vermeil is gonna be breaking out the kleenex's if we end up dealing Pat elsewhere...he who waits is sometimes lost...or something like that. :lol:

Vermeil is a good guy. Don't mess with him. It's the INSANELY frugal GM Peterson that's causing problems.

Anyone see that interview session on NFL Draft Countdown, where they were talking about the importance of a shut down corner, they interviewed a few coaches and AJ Smith. Dick Vermeil was one of them interviewed.

Price just went up after the Buchanan trade.

Sorry guys this deal is dead.

I know you guys don't know how Carl Peterson works & deals with people but he doesn't cave in no matter what & I'm sure the Dolphins will never see the Chiefs 2nd round pick unless the Dolphins throw in another pick along with Surtain.

Chiefs fans have seen Peterson in action too many times to know that he'll ever cave in on this deal. He takes things like this personally & he won't let anyone think Saban got the best of him.

Dead Issue now....Arizona is your best bet to get rid of Surtain.

Well, if kchiefs1 says so, it must be true!

(yawn!)

Oh, and what will you guys then do for a corner? Rookie city? Good luck! lol

It would be a mistake on Carl's part to back off and be stubborn on this simply because he was being too frugal in the first place. A 4th Rounder for Pat Surtain is nowhere close to market value. It's almost insulting the intelligence of the Fin front office collectively.

You guys need immediate defense. Not prospects that'll take 2-3 years to develop.

At least if he's at all serious about giving his current coach and much of his offense a true attempt at a title.

Back
Top Bottom