Chief's type trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chief's type trade

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
If miami had the opportunity to use a 1st this year and next year to trade up and take one of the QB's, would you take it?

2019 we could be in a position to do something similar to what the chief's did this year and trade tannehill.

We would also be able to rid ourselves of the bad contracts given to branch and alonso.

Ideally I'd love Mayfield and a ton of cap room 2019

All depends who's on the board, who's not, and how the top 10 shuffles based on free agency and Buffalo.

I'm not sure next year's QB crop is all that great, so it'd be fine and dandy if Baker fell to us at all. I'd love to keep all of the draft capital we have.

I wouldn't trade two firsts to move up this year. That would hamstring the team almost as much as the salary cap has this off season. I say stand pat this year and let things shake out in the draft and then take the highest rated player on your board. Even if it is a QB, which I am not in favor of since I think that the top 5 QB's in this year's draft all have "project" characteristics. With all the needs on the team, I would rather they take an immediate starter with the #11 pick and not someone that will sit for a year or two. Get a veteran QB for the backup position and then draft someone in the 2-5 round to groom for a year or two down the road.

Only 2 firsts for a franchise QB, absolutely. Every winning franchise starts with a franchise QB (which Tannehill isn't)

Back
Top Bottom