Chiefs Very Interested in Woodson Not Surtain!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs Very Interested in Woodson Not Surtain!!

Muck said:
The only silver lining I see here is the Chiefs potentially weakening the division rival Raiders at CB, because it's not as if the Chiefs are getting a player who's clearly a better CB. Better athlete, yes. But not as a positional player. In the last four seasons, Woodson has collected 6 INTs. Pat has 20.

Surtain is only 4 months older than Woodson. He's missed eight less regular season games in the same amount of years yet has almost twice as many INTs (29-16). And Woodson will command at least the same amount of compensation (picks and contract).
He'll probably command more of both. For some reason a lot of people still think he is better than pat. Both have one year on their contract (Woodsen's was the franchise tender at over $10M!), and both would require a bunch to compensate.

Like you said Muck, the only reason to do this over Pat would be to take a player away from the Raiders. However, on the same hand, you are helping the raiders' salary cap too!

lol, the Raiders would never trade Woodson to the Chiefs or another AFC West team for that matter.

I fall into the Shifter is full of crap crowd. But the Raiders really need to trade Woodson & he could come at a bottom basement price to another team in the market. That devalues Surtain somewhat

The Raiders unload Woodson to KC and then they (raiders) in turn pick up Surtain. Any chance of that happening? I doubt the raiders will give Miami a 2nd though.

Woodson has a 10.5 million dollar cap hit, that's 1/8 of a roster. Do you really think if they are moving him for Cap reasons, they are going to demand top dollar. Woodson will not be traded because he will want a massive contract. He is getting 10.5 mill this season, thats a signing bonus right there. He could be an UFA next year, get his signing bonus then, or he can get franchised again for 13 million. Why would he leave for a Surtain like contract of 12 mill give or take to sign, when he's getting that this year, and can get a very similar contract next. It doesn't make sense. Also, on Randy, I know the contract he wants, and it's not to become the highest paid TE in football either. Some people on this board think he's asking for the moon. He's not. 7 mill to sign would be a number he would want. That with a long term deal is not a huge cap hit. He is the leader of our Offense, and will only get better. Surtain is too old to pay what he wants, because maybe you get a few more good years out of him, but the cap hit a few years down the road will be too big to consume.

Not interested in Surtain? Gee that's weird, becuase KC management just went through probably weeks worth of work creating a contrarct for Surtain in anticipation of...what? Just for practice for when Woodson finally comes?

I hope K.C gives up thier 1st round pick,so i can laugh.They will take woodson who costs a crap full of money,and gets hurt every year,and is overrated on the field.When they can have a better coner Surtain for a second.This is a car like a Benz,all the chief are paying for is the name...Woodson

Pericles349 said:
I hope this is true, I'ld like to see Surtain around for another year.

So, you want us to get nothing from Surtain next year to have him on a team with very little chance of winning it all?

And, you want us incredibly strapped with salary cap issues - with us under $1 million under the cap right now? And, therefore you want us to have to cut some other players to get enough money just to sign draft picks - let alone no chance of going after other free agents?

And, you want us with only a 1st and a 3rd round pick in the draft when we have serious needs for young players at weak positions?

With Surtain at a position of strength (CB)? At a spot where his strength (being physical with WR's) is not quite as important b/c of the new interpretation of the rules?

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

FinsFan74 said:
My thoughts exactly, the guy is so old that if he farts, dust will come out of his a$$!!

You guys must have been out of football for a few years. This is not ROD Woodson. :roflmao:

It's CHARLES Woodson - who is YOUNGER than Surtain!

I agree, regardless of whether he's slipped in his ability or not, Oakland is not going to trade him within the division. Also, KC has already worked out a contract extension with Surtain, they will not want to make all that go to waste.. I see a trade getting done right at draft time...

Why would the Raiders help the Chiefs stop their offense?????!!!!???? Isn't that why they picked up Moss, to gain an offensive advantage???? I'd like to see that trade happen, then woodson pick off 5 passes against them and the chiefs win both games against the Raiders.

UCFinfan said:
Why would the Raiders help the Chiefs stop their offense?????!!!!???? Isn't that why they picked up Moss, to gain an offensive advantage???? I'd like to see that trade happen, then woodson pick off 5 passes against them and the chiefs win both games against the Raiders.

No way this is going down. The Raiders and Chiefs do not work together to do anything. Ever. Carl is just doing this to try to gain some leverage. I am just surprised Al hasn't come out to dispell this rumor.

This is a strange year. Dolphins can't seam to move Surtain for a second. Dyson is getting no play at all. Woodson I have heard little to none about. Alexander & Edge maybe had for a 2cond & no takers I know of. Two years ago they all would have been gone long ago

Back
Top Bottom