Chiefs Very Interested in Woodson Not Surtain!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs Very Interested in Woodson Not Surtain!!

the Chiefs have no interest whatsoever in Woodson. He is being brought in as a negotiating tactic so that they can get Surtain for a lower draft pick.

MLBrandow said:
the Chiefs have no interest whatsoever in Woodson. He is being brought in as a negotiating tactic so that they can get Surtain for a lower draft pick.
Bingo!

Woodson is okay but Surtain is way better. I think most Chief fans would rather have Surtain. I know I do!

KayCee said:
Bingo!

Woodson is okay but Surtain is way better. I think most Chief fans would rather have Surtain. I know I do!

I am a Chiefs fan and I would much rather have Surtain. Don't get me wrong, Woodson would still be a huge improvement to our secondary, but Surtain is better and more reliable. My list of preference would go Surtain------Law--Woodson------------------------Dyson.

hey, this is good news to me, we keep surtain, cheifs get a good, but old CB instead of surtain which is their loss not ours

Sarcastro said:
I am a Chiefs fan and I would much rather have Surtain. Don't get me wrong, Woodson would still be a huge improvement to our secondary, but Surtain is better and more reliable. My list of preference would go Surtain------Law--Woodson------------------------Dyson.
Any CB would be better then anyone on our roster... :(

KayCee said:
Any CB would be better then anyone on our roster... :(

I disagree. Any CB would better then anyone on our roster other then Warfield. Warfield would make a solid #2 and is better then Dyson and any CB below him.

dol_fan_81 said:
hey, this is good news to me, we keep surtain, cheifs get a good, but old CB instead of surtain which is their loss not ours

Just a reminder. This is a rumor, not news. The chances of the Raiders and Chiefs actually doing this trade are nil. We are more likely to see Al and Lamar in a steel cage fight to the death then we are to see Woodson traded to the Chiefs.

I thought Woodson has been available ever since he signed the franchise offer. Seems coincidental that the Chiefs are only now showing some interest when it appears they don't want to give the asking price for Surtain. I doubt they're seriously interested in his attitude and annual hold outs.

I hope so because I would like to see Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison paired up again next year with the defenses Saban will employ. Throw in the fact that we added Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holiday to the defensive line and that has to be a nightmare for opposing quarterbacks. I would like to see the Dolphins invite Darren Sharper for a look, I think he still has something left and would bolster our LB corps.

OH yeah, I forgot to mention that Charles Woodson is over-rated and hasn't done anything to be a pro bowl player...he got there on name recognition alone...what he did in college has nothing to do with what he does as a pro.

Pericles349 said:
I hope this is true, I'ld like to see Surtain around for another year.
if we trade him now we get picks. if we keep him this year, we get nothing next year when he's a FA and leaves us for big $$... might as well at least get a pick or two out of him.

I agree with the one post that said the Chiefs are just using this as a leverage tool. If the Chiefs want Woodson, so be it! We have one of the best corners in the league in our pockets. Let the Chiefs play this silly elementary hardball. Saban obviously has more tact than these idiots. I bet St. Nick is rolling in his chair right now.

The Chiefs are obviously hurting at CB. If they get Woodson, so what! It has no real affect on what happens here in Miami. Yes, Miami will not have as many picks and will have to pay Pat, but we'll still keep a great corner. Comparing Pat to Woodson is like comparing filet mignon to chuck roast, it just ain't the same. The Dolphins play more man coverage than any team in the league. And the bad part is, Surtain isn't even our best corner!!! lol I mean, the only reason Madison didn't get any INTs was because QBs were scared to go his way.

Think about this: Many are saying Madison had a better year than Surtain last year. Miami has by far, IMO, the best corner duo in the league. They almost always play man. If your best corner had zero INTs, and his counterpart is guaranteed an eight figure signing bonus in the offseason, that is saying plenty. With all of this BS surrounding Pat, I'd much rather keep him here. He's just too good of a player to trade. This crap the Chiefs are playing is Mickey Mouse....

feelthepain said:
Chiefs trying to get the upper hand, let them have Woodson. I have a hard time believing Davis will let Woodson go to the hated Chiefs. Even if this has legs that just means we have a better chance of keeping Surtain and that is just good for us. Either way, we keep him or trade him we win!

Interesting point of view, honestly I didn't really think about it as a win-win situation. I thought losing Surtain spelled certain death for our secondary(all do respect for Poole, and Madison, but Surtain is twice as good a both of them combined.) If we do trade him though, we will have lots more cap room.

LOL, with the cap room Sabin could hire goonies to get ricky in india and force him to play. Providing Ricky doesn't shoulder charge them.

Back
Top Bottom