Chiefs Very Interested in Woodson Not Surtain!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs Very Interested in Woodson Not Surtain!!

Pericles349

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just heard on NFL Network (Adam Schefter) that the Raiders are shopping CB Woodson. They said that the trade will likely come on draft day and that the Chiefs are the front runners. He said that the asking price by the fins for Surtain might be the factor in whether they go after Woodson or not. Either way he basically said that interest in Surtain is dropping.

I hope this is true, I'ld like to see Surtain around for another year.

Woodson is washed up and a headache, if they want him they won't improve!

I also heard that the Raiders are asking for ALOT for Woodson. Chiefs GM is nuts though. He'll probably give them a first for him

I hope Surtain stays. That way ,Clements will have competition when he becomes a FA next year . Hopefully the demand for a cb will not be that high and it won't cost us much to keep him.

Pericles349 said:
I just heard on NFL Network (Adam Schefter) that the Raiders are shopping CB Woodson. They said that the trade will likely come on draft day and that the Chiefs are the front runners. He said that the asking price by the fins for Surtain might be the factor in whether they go after Woodson or not. Either way he basically said that interest in Surtain is dropping.

I hope this is true, I'ld like to see Surtain around for another year.

Keeping Surtain sounds great. But with his salary this year, what other player(s) will we have to cut to keep him? AND, how badly will keeping him effect our ability for signings after the June 1st cuts?
Surtain has been a fan favorite, but trading him would be in the best interest of the team this year and long term.

Chiefs trying to get the upper hand, let them have Woodson. I have a hard time believing Davis will let Woodson go to the hated Chiefs. Even if this has legs that just means we have a better chance of keeping Surtain and that is just good for us. Either way, we keep him or trade him we win!

SCall13 said:
Keeping Surtain sounds great. But with his salary this year, what other player(s) will we have to cut to keep him. AND, how badly will keeping him effect our ability for signings after the June 1st cuts?
Surtain has been a fan favorite, but trading him would be in the best interest of the team this year and long term.

I agree...if we can ship him for fair value we need to ship him.

If Woodson sucks and is injury prone, it would be their best interest to trade him to a division rival and have him cover Moss twice a year ,no?

CBs are in high demand. teams will pay an average player WAY more than they should. (just look at the cowbowys). but at the same time, are not willing to trade draft picks for the same player. strange.

ch19079 said:
CBs are in high demand. teams will pay an average player WAY more than they should. (just look at the cowbowys). but at the same time, are not willing to trade draft picks for the same player. strange.

Very strange indeed.

Justasportsfan said:
If Woodson sucks and is injury prone, it would be their best interest to trade him to a division rival and have him cover Moss twice a year ,no?

You make a good point, but I just see them trading Woodson to the Chef's. Trades especially within the division are rare...

FinzManiac said:
You make a good point, but I just see them trading Woodson to the Chef's. Trades especially within the division are rare...
I agree, but if you can make a trade w/ a rival team that makes you better by getting something from them by trading your crappy player, then you'd go for it.

Justasportsfan said:

That was actually one of the points they discussed. It seems that a trade within the division won't be a deterrent from the deal going through. Regardless of what we think, it seems that the Raiders and Chiefs don't mind this point so much.

Justasportsfan said:
I agree, but if you can make a trade w/ a rival team that makes you better by getting something from them by trading your crappy player, then you'd go for it.
Absolutely.... look at the NE / Bills trade for Bledsoe! :lol:

Sorry, Justa. Just couldn't help myself!

At least we know the contract details that Surtain will accept now. The Chiefs did us that favor. I wish I knew the salary cap impact of that deal. We could probably make the deal now if it cleared salary cap room.

Back
Top Bottom