Chiefs want Surtain | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs want Surtain

yankeehillbilly said:
actually they DONT have the leverage...Saban does. We dont have to trade Surtain. He is still under contract and will fit under the cap. And, with only a couple of restructures/cuts we will be able to sign our rookies and stay under the cap as well.
So the situation is: Give us a second round pick and you can have one of the top 5 CBs in the league. Dont give us a 2nd and we will just keep him... which we kinda want to do anyway.

Good post Yank. Howya been?

Had to make this thread stand out from all the other Surtain to the Chiefs threads...so I threw you some stars.

good thinking man.

Slim said:
Its funny,

I remember when surtain was originally on the block and everyone here said they would take nothing less than a first. Then it became a 2nd & 4th. Now it seems everyone would be satisfied with a 2nd only.

That is true. I always thought a 2nd round pick would be OK, and probably all we could get. When you see players like TO and Dillon only bring 2nd round picks, it kind of sets the bar that teams do not trade #1's anymore.

feelthepain said:
Do you think maybe Saban wants to keep the trade quite so he will make the trade when KC picks at 46 so we will be picking there instead of KC? That means no one would foresee us picking at the #46 position and draft according to who KC might be taking instead of who we might be taking. I know this may seem deep to think about, but If your trying to keep quite who you plan on taking and KC has already made plans around trading for Surtain by signing FA according to what they have left over from Surtain then this whole theroy makes sense. Wow, I have a headach now!!! :(
I think KC might wait until their #46 pick to see whats left on the board. Many good players have fallen during draft day in other years. If no player is worth the pick at that time, they just may pick up the phone and call Saban. However, I think that at that point the price will be steeper.

KC is making a push for the SB.Its do or die for them.Imagine if they dont make the SB due to poor CB play.They will blame Petersen.

bdmagnum said:
Nice point of view, I hope you are correct because as of today, KC agrees to terms with OT Barnett and agrees to a 1 year tender with LB Fujita. Seems like KC is spending a lot of maoney lately.

Barnett is just fodder for camp and Fujita's contract was for $656,000.

and to aide in squelching another rumor, the more guys KC signs right now, the less likely they will get anywhere near Woodson, who is demanding more than Pat.

hold tight. wait out Peterson, and we'll get out #2 and maybe even a 5th or 6th for good measure.

either that or they are not willing to give a 2nd rounder and spend the money they wanted to invest in surtain

dolfan4good said:
I think KC might wait until their #46 pick to see whats left on the board. Many good players have fallen during draft day in other years. If no player is worth the pick at that time, they just may pick up the phone and call Saban. However, I think that at that point the price will be steeper.
I hope thats the case. If KC waits until the draft to offer us the pick I want more. I'd still rather keep Surtain anyhow. I'm hoping he's realizing that he may need to ask for a little less to get the deal he wants to stay in Miami. Moving to KC is going to cost him money and hassle....

Hopefully they either work something out, or start working on making it so we can keep Surtain. I really don't want to see him go either.

Here's what I hope happens.
I hope that while the Chiefs are playing hardball, someone else comes out of the woodwork and offers Saban a better deal. Petersen and the Chiefs will then have to offer Saban their first rounder or their second rounder PLUS another pick. In the end the Chiefs will look stupid for trying to lowball Saban.

Most of their fans are willing to give up a 2nd round pick...like us they just want it to get done and over with.

I think Miami will wait until we're on the clock...reason being is if we announce a trade with KC, that narrows our selections and will decrease the value of the #2 pick. If we go into the draft without a 2nd round pick, teams will have no idea who we'd be taking, which will raise the bar on our pick. If teams who want Edwards, Williams, Benson, Brown, or Rogers have no idea who we're taking, it adds value to us trading down. Maybe teams will get into a bidding war over our #2 pick?

pigskinguy said:
I hope that while the Chiefs are playing hardball, someone else comes out of the woodwork and offers Saban a better deal. Petersen and the Chiefs will then have to offer Saban their first rounder or their second rounder PLUS another pick. In the end the Chiefs will look stupid for trying to lowball Saban.

That would ROCK, does anyone else have interest in Surtain? That is something I haven't seen discussed, if anyone else is even looking at him or if it's just KC

pigskinguy said:

Dude, that picture you've got there of the guy getting his knee blown out is disturbing to say the least... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom