Chiefs want Surtain | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs want Surtain

TGall13 said:
I think Miami will wait until we're on the clock...reason being is if we announce a trade with KC, that narrows our selections and will decrease the value of the #2 pick. If we go into the draft without a 2nd round pick, teams will have no idea who we'd be taking, which will raise the bar on our pick. If teams who want Edwards, Williams, Benson, Brown, or Rogers have no idea who we're taking, it adds value to us trading down. Maybe teams will get into a bidding war over our #2 pick?

I disagree.....If we have the trade go through for KC's second round pick, It broadens our selection. We need a RB badly, and taking one in the top of the third isn't going to net us a 1,000 yard back probably. We would almost be forced to take a RB at #2 if we have no 2nd round pick. If we have the 2nd round pick, we can take WR or QB with #2 overall, and still have the 2nd rounder to get a RB.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I hope thats the case. If KC waits until the draft to offer us the pick I want more. I'd still rather keep Surtain anyhow. I'm hoping he's realizing that he may need to ask for a little less to get the deal he wants to stay in Miami. Moving to KC is going to cost him money and hassle....

cost of living is low in KC, I assume Miami ain't cheap

the thought was that KC would pick a WR with the second round pick. So if they pick up Johnson you can look at that as a positive for getting KC's #46

finresurrection said:
Yes, everyone knows the Chiefs and 'Phins have been talking trade for Surtain. But, based on KC's sudden surgence into FA, 2 signings in the last 2 days and a trip for Kevin Johnson looming, it is rather obvious what they are and have done.

By reaching agreement with Pat on a contract, they now know how much money they have available. and accordingly, are suddenly making signings. coincidence? I think not. they know how much room they will have with Pat on the roster and are now proceeding to spend their other available cash.

Pat to the Chiefs is looking more likely to me. Just need to outwait Peterson is all.

It makes sense, they have a roster that needs to get it done now, also Vermiel won't be around much longer....I see a last push by this team.

pigskinguy said:
What? Your leg doesn'tbend like that? :D

I think I saw that guy star as an alien in the Charlie Sheen movie named "The Arrival"
clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom