Choose your pick if we get no trades with among these players in first 2 rounds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Choose your pick if we get no trades with among these players in first 2 rounds

phintim

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Fair possibility we might not get the coveted trades offers in our first 2 rounds. Needs are WR, RB, LB, OL, S.
The players listed by round, pick, position will probably be available at our picks at these positions.
Make your pick in each round explain why if you wish.

Rd 1 Pick 3
OT Sewell
WR Smith
QB Fields

Rd 1 Pick 18
OT Christine Darrisua
LB Jeremiah Owuia
WR R. Bateman
RB N Harris

Rd 2 Pick 37
WR Toney
G/C C. Humphrey
RB T. Etienne
LB J. Hillard
S. R. Grant

Rd 2 Pick 50
LB Jamie Davis
OT J Mayfield
WR T. Wallace
RB. M. Carter
S. P. Ford

Only players that should be drafted at 3 in my opinion are

parsons
Pitts
Smith
Chase

if Miami goes with any other player at 3 Grier should be fired right away. Btw sewell is not an option because we drafted Jackson last year. Flores is looking at parsons and is prob salivating at adding that kid to our defense.

Sewell
Harris
Humphrey
Davis

This is my Allen Robinson draft

Please stop with Justin Hilliard in round 2. Yes he was a 5 star and he was good on the rare occasion he wasn’t hurt but come on man.

I don't think Miami ends up spending free agent money on a wide receiver. This reflects that....

Sewell
Marshall (I like him a little better than Bateman....really want a defensive player here, but have to get a wr).
Toney or Humphrey (Humphrey if Miami doesn't sign Karras)
Williams RB

Do you like Bateman over Marshall? I think that one's pretty close.
I actually think Marshall will be better, but I realize that my POV is the exception. I think Bateman is very smooth, runs good routes... and will be a very nice NFL receiver, but I think Marshall is... potentially... a star WR, but like most picks based upon potential... there is a larger bust factor.

So... Bateman safe pick.
Marshall... home run swing.

I actually think Marshall will be better, but I realize that my POV is the exception. I think Bateman is very smooth, runs good routes... and will be a very nice NFL receiver, but I think Marshall is... potentially... a star WR, but like most picks based upon potential... there is a larger bust factor.

So... Bateman safe pick.
Marshall... home run swing.
Good analysis. I think that is spot on.

Sewell
Bateman
Humphrey
Carter

That’s a Tua starter pack right there.

The 3rd pick is the toughest, I could make the case for Toney and Etienne there.

My dream draft is trading back from 3 to 4 with the falcons and picking up their 2nd rounder...I’d give them our 4th if we need to.

Then I could get

Sewell
Bateman
Humprhey
Toney
Carter

And that’s a tua starter pack on steroids.

1. QB Fields because unless I can trade out for a 1st round next year Fields gives me that insurance and more if Tua fails. A pick this high is pure luck and opportunity we get let Tua run this year and for whatever reason it does not work out we have plan B in the house.
2. OT Christine Darr why because first we need to protect our investment in Tua, second this appears to be talent rich draft in the Oline which makes this a safe value pick which is what you want in round 1.
3. RB Etienne yea we really need a better reciever but we have lots of average recievers and 1 average rb plus the the rb option helps the QB play action and rests the defense. Grant at S might be the better value here as our defense did carry the team but Etienne is probably the better talent.
4. WR T Wallace filling a need and hope we found the best available guy left at this position. RB M Carter becomes the pick if Grant is chosen.

1. QB Fields because unless I can trade out for a 1st round next year Fields gives me that insurance and more if Tua fails. A pick this high is pure luck and opportunity we get let Tua run this year and for whatever reason it does not work out we have plan B in the house.
2. OT Christine Darr why because first we need to protect our investment in Tua, second this appears to be talent rich draft in the Oline which makes this a safe value pick which is what you want in round 1.
3. RB Etienne yea we really need a better reciever but we have lots of average recievers and 1 average rb plus the the rb option helps the QB play action and rests the defense. Grant at S might be the better value here as our defense did carry the team but Etienne is probably the better talent.
4. WR T Wallace filling a need and hope we found the best available guy left at this position. RB M Carter becomes the pick if Grant is chosen.

She might be a little old. Seems a little underweight for a tackle too

Back
Top Bottom