Chris Carter is no jerry rice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Carter is no jerry rice

mannyfresh

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Heres something you fin fans may or may not agree with. Chris carter is in no way going to play like jerry rice has. I know you, and every other journalist in the country is thinking along these lines. That Chris Carter is going to defy his age, like jerry rice, and play at an excellent level.

well, i got news for you guys. what jerry rice is doing right now is remarkable, he is defying all the odds, playing so well at age 40. he is, at his age a diamond in the rough.

Let me tell you that your jerry rice expectations of Cris carter are going to lead to the sacrifice of a good WR in oronde gadsen.

one, Chris carter was doing OK as Randy Moss's complement. However, randy moss was still new to the leauge and he was very dangerous. He drew alot of double coverages and carter had a field day, recording i think 1274 yards and 9tds in 2000 and dropping off a little bit in 2001 with 871 yards and 6tds. Chris carter is now 37. jerry rice, when he was 37 and 38(2 seasons), produced campaigns of 830yards for 5tds, and 805 yards for 7tds. I personally think Oronde Gadsen can bring alot more to this team than carter. To assume that Carter will have a jerry rice like end of is career is ridiculous. jerry rice is one in a million.

Now, you may say to yourself, well chris carter brings alot of knowledge to the game. well yea he does. But he will not put up the same numbers as jerry rice, further he will not last as long as jerry rice, meaning his leadership skills will be undermined by the fact that he will not produce the numbers to 'back up' his talk. You do not have a randy moss or a dante culpepper or a dennis green, who were all as i understand it very colse with each other, when they were in Minnesota.

Thinking that Cris carter is going to do what jerry rice is doing, is a stupid assumption. jerry rice is an anomoly, a rarity something that should not have happened. do you guys actually think that your going to hit the lottey like the raiders have with Jerry rice?

P.S sorry Oronde, that your own team would stab you in the back

Oronde is really not an option right now so it is a mute point. Yeah the team could have given him injury protection to put off surgery but do you really think he could have played better than a healthy Cris Carter, 37 year old notwithstanding. I have mixed emotions about the whole Oronde thing but it will be fun to see what Cris can do.

They aren't asking Chris to be Jerry ,they just want him to be Chris. Miami just want a depenable receiver who can make other teams pay for double teaming Chambers all the time. Lets face it there is only one Jerry Rice

thats very insightful...that normally athletes do not play at a high level at the age of 40. did you come up with that all by yourself?:sleep: :sleep:

ps- CC is 37...and we dont need for him to be the second coming of mark clayton. we just need a few clutch catches and leadership

Orande was asking for lots of L-T money so it is hard to place blame on this, but it certainly sounded like Wanne was upset he chose surgery over playing 2002 out. Wanne said that Carter is OGs replacement nothing more. If OG was not on IR, Carter would not been signed.

well if your were reading well, youd understand that the point was the decision to sacrifice or not to sacrifce....and you guys chose to.

i dont care....its good for the bills!

I read that Wanny said he still hopes to work something out with Gadsden before next season. That would be great for everyone if it is true. Oronde is not going to be risking further injury by playing against doctor's advice and Cris gets another chance at a ring.

his stats are damn unbelievable:

Was voted to the Pro Bowl eight straight seasons (1993-2000), including two as a starter (1994, 1997).

Since missing the final four games of 1992 with a fractured collarbone, went on to start and play in 144 straight regular season games, 156 in a row including playoffs. Those are the only four games he has missed in his NFL career due to injury
:eek:

The Bills game is over...why don't you go back to your own message boards and stop spamming ours?
I really couldn't care less what you think about Cris Carter, Jay Fiedler, Ricky Williams, Iraq, the national debt or anything else.

just wait and see what chris does this year b4 you start critizing him or compairing him to jerry rice. Anyways nobody will ever be like Rice he is just amazing.

Originally posted by RikWriter
The Bills game is over...why don't you go back to your own message boards and stop spamming ours?
I really couldn't care less what you think about Cris Carter, Jay Fiedler, Ricky Williams, Iraq, the national debt or anything else.

lol, they're getting their shots in now knowing full well that we will crush them in december...this 2 years worth of pent up frustration coming out

I am going to remember this though. After a win I always keep my mouth shut...these Bills fans like to twist the knife...it's sad really.

If we win in December, I am going to go ahead and keep my mouth shut, as the pathetic taunting they keep bringing is typical of an immature "forehead" of a sports fan, and I hope I am never included in that title.

hey ad,
of course we'll keep our mouths shut in december...finfans know that this current installment has a REAL chance of winning XXXVII and bill fans know it as well...championship teams do not get too high on one win or too low on one loss. bill fans know they're sitting on a 8-8 team and they're taking full advantage of this opp to blast us

mannyfresh, you need to refresh your memory. Your right Cris Carter isn't Jerry Rice, he's Cris Carter. "All he does is catch TDs!!"

Back
Top Bottom