Chris Carter's Prediction | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Carter's Prediction

I disagree... we will be better than a "mediocre" team. I would call this O-Line with Jeno James and Vernon an above average line at this point.. not great, but certainly above average. It's difficult to predict what will happen before a game is even played at Joe Robbie Stadium, so I don't put that much weight on reports coming this early... I dont care who writes it.

I think witht he loss of Ricky/Boston, and the way our line has played thus far in camp...third place in the division is being kind.

I don't totally agree with carter's assessment.. Although some his comments are fair... But he failed to take in account that its early and you cannot measure the heart and fight of this team until some games are played...

Carter cant talk... till he catches that Td in the back of the endzone in Minnesota

If we depended so much on heart and fight, we wouldn't be trying to aquire so much talent

WE SHOULD GET RIVERS FROM THE CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y DID WE HAVE TO GET AJ FEELY:goof: :o :cooldude: :monkeyr:CHRIS CARTER

Team Injuries
Player Status Injury
No injuries reported
...accorsding to this site, David made an AMAZING recovery:D !

Didn't he say that he was the man we needed to get to the superbowl? We all know how that worked out. I've been coming here lately to hear about the phins. You guys seem to know a lot more about the Dolphins than these commentators and so called experts. IMO if we pick up another wr and our o-line continues to improve then we're in the playoffs. Our defense rocks and a lot of these young unproven players are ready to step it up.

He's Right...

Carter's a smart man. Take into account that this is a PRE-preseason prediction, and you have to see that, without anyone having played a real down, the facts do bear him out:
  • The Pats are an obvious choice: world champs who won WITHOUT their best linebacker and with other key injuries; now they get those guys back, PLUS they drafted unbelievably well this year...impossible to pick against.
  • The Bills had Travis Henry, and now their investment in McGahee last year is going to pay off - two stud backs to carry the load equals a headache for opposing defenses. They drafted well, and made smart FA aqcuisitions...
  • Conversely, the Phins suffered a net loss in talent on offense this offseason. They aquired a QB who's just not getting an offense as stupid-simple as the one this team runs, and who doesn't have the physical skills to throw his way out of it. Spielman drafted well - as you can see by what Bua, Pope, Poole & Hadnot have shown so far - but mostly his draft served to strengthen areas where the team was already strong. So, you hope that the young guys can step up, but that's essentially a crapshoot, and you can't base a solid prediction on it.

Cris Carter sure does seem to have a lot of insight on the fins. :rolleyes:

Cris, why don't you go report on the vikings. At least there you were actually a factor. Once you came to Miami, you might as well of been invisible. You sure did play like you were.

Beetlejuice is the worst "expert" there is, he's awful on Inside the NFL and his columns are dreadful as well. He should stick to his work on the Howard Stern Show :lol:

clear.gif

NaboCane said:
Carter's a smart man. Take into account that this is a PRE-preseason prediction, and you have to see that, without anyone having played a real down, the facts do bear him out:
  • The Pats are an obvious choice: world champs who won WITHOUT their best linebacker and with other key injuries; now they get those guys back, PLUS they drafted unbelievably well this year...impossible to pick against.
  • The Bills had Travis Henry, and now their investment in McGahee last year is going to pay off - two stud backs to carry the load equals a headache for opposing defenses. They drafted well, and made smart FA aqcuisitions...
  • Conversely, the Phins suffered a net loss in talent on offense this offseason. They aquired a QB who's just not getting an offense as stupid-simple as the one this team runs, and who doesn't have the physical skills to throw his way out of it. Spielman drafted well - as you can see by what Bua, Pope, Poole & Hadnot have shown so far - but mostly his draft served to strengthen areas where the team was already strong. So, you hope that the young guys can step up, but that's essentially a crapshoot, and you can't base a solid prediction on it.
How can you say Rick drafted well?.There was not a single pick used on a position that touches the ball i.e. QB,WR,RB,KR,PR. What was our glaring weakness last year.Offense.

Yes they drafted some players who look good on the practice field but it remains to be seen how they will contribute.Poole was a steal so kudos to Rick for that pick.But all the others will have to show something during "Crunch Time" for me to be convinced..

Back
Top Bottom