Chris Chambers vs. Jerry Rice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Chambers vs. Jerry Rice

hum?

I hate to say this my friend but Chambers will never be as good as Jerry Rice:( There will never be another Jerry Rice...

Defenses in the NFL are much stiffer than before and DB's are much more physical than they were before. Plus, Chambers in on a running team...

Chambers will be great thought!!!:)

I agree with you about the defenses, but I hope your wrong about there will never be another JR. I pray your wrong. With the amazing jumping and flipping catches i saw this year, it takes my breath away, now if only Jay were the next JM.......

:goof: (ricky with orange hair)

Randy Moss has the ability, and if he stays healthy, the chance to break all of Rice's records. Physically, there is no comparison, Moss is one of the finest athletes I've EVER seen, regardless of sport. Rice is and has always been a great conditioned athlete, and for records of his nature you need longevity as much as talent. Athletes make so much money these days it is questionable how many more 20 year players we will ever see again.

If he can keep his focus, that man will dominate for as long as he wants to. I expect a HUGE year from Moss this season.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Randy Moss has the ability, and if he stays healthy, the chance to break all of Rice's records. Physically, there is no comparison, Moss is one of the finest athletes I've EVER seen, regardless of sport. Rice is and has always been a great conditioned athlete, and for records of his nature you need longevity as much as talent. Athletes make so much money these days it is questionable how many more 20 year players we will ever see again.

If he can keep his focus, that man will dominate for as long as he wants to. I expect a HUGE year from Moss this season.

Moss is an excellent athlete(ability), but I will never consider him a great football player. I believe that a great football player has to have a team attitude and heart, something Moss doesn't have. Some people may disagree with me, but thats what I believe is an essential part of being a great football player. A punk like Moss will never be half the player or half the man somebody like Derrick Thomas was. I never seen anybody waste so much talent(except Cecil Collins).

Back to the Rice and Chambers thing. The stats are similar, but I have a question. Did Rice start? I'm not sure, but I think he was the #2 WR. Chambers has the potential to become the greatest WR in Dolphins history.

Randy Moss wastes his talent? Man, list a WR with better numbers than Moss since he was drafted. Production is what makes a great football player, all the rest is BS.

He can be a great guy, or a bad guy, but as long as he puts up Hall of Fame numbers, he's a great football player.

Charity work and good manners don't show up in the box scores, and don't help you win on the field, but production sure does, and not many people produce like Moss does. His worst season as a pro is better than 80% of the other players best seasons ever! THAT is the mark of a great football player.

Randy Moss wastes his talent? Man, list a WR with better numbers than Moss since he was drafted. Production is what makes a great football player, all the rest is BS.

He can be a great guy, or a bad guy, but as long as he puts up Hall of Fame numbers, he's a great football player.

Charity work and good manners don't show up in the box scores, and don't help you win on the field, but production sure does, and not many people produce like Moss does. His worst season as a pro is better than 80% of the other players best seasons ever! THAT is the mark of a great football player.

I never denied Moss puts up great numbers, but his me attitude is what I hate. He refuses to run routes if the ball won't be thrown towards him, refuses to block, acts like a child on the sidelines, and he plays when he wants to. What good is production if it only comes in the few games that player wants to put up production? Moss will never be greater than Rice. BTW, IMO the top two WRs are David Boston and Marvin Harrison.

To even put Chris and Jerry in the same thread is a disrespect to Rice.
Chambers WILL NEVER EVER BE NEAR AS GOOD AS RICE. The only man that have a chance to break a lot of Rice records is Randy Moss.

Moss IS a punk. It has been broke down many a time by the crew at NFL tonight that Randy will take plays off, if the ball is not coming his way.

However, one has to wonder if Chris Carter wasn't one of the main reasons Randy is a the way he is right now. Carter was never lazy in the Vikings system, but his attitude of being the center of attention sure looks like Moss.

I couldn't be happier that we have a WR like Oronde Gadsden to teach Chambers. :)

you can say what you want about Moss, but he can flat play football way better then any WR in the league today.

People, tape just about any WR in the league today and you will see the same thing. Moss may do it a bit more than others, but he is nowhere near being the only player to take plays off.

And the stuff about him only playing when he wants to is bull and has been blown WAY out of proportion. With his production, to me, it seems like he wants to play a LOT!

I can't count the number of times of seen Randy Moss spring somebody or a TD blocking downfield. Watch the tapes, he blocks, and is decent at it.

I'd take Moss over any WR in the league right now and not think twice about it. results are what counts.

I think the guy who impressed me the most last year was David Boston( too bad he can't say no) I think he was the best wr in the game last year and that including Randy Moss. I think Chris Cambers will be very goods but you can't realistically put him in Rices company. Also i don't see Chambers having anyone close to what Rice had with the 49ers at qb to throw him the ball.

The key for Chambers and his career will be finding a young number 2 reciever to take the double teams off him. (Oronde Gadsen with his foot promblems and James Mcknight isn;t getting younger)

People, tape just about any WR in the league today and you will see the same thing. Moss may do it a bit more than others, but he is nowhere near being the only player to take plays off.

And the stuff about him only playing when he wants to is bull and has been blown WAY out of proportion. With his production, to me, it seems like he wants to play a LOT!

I can't count the number of times of seen Randy Moss spring somebody or a TD blocking downfield. Watch the tapes, he blocks, and is decent at it.

I'd take Moss over any WR in the league right now and not think twice about it. results are what counts.

I guess what I am trying to say here Bod, is that Moss has a lot of growing up to do. I realize that football is a game with a lot of high priced jerks playing it. But there are such quality players, such as Terrell Davis, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, ect. ect. that I just have a real hard time rooting for a guy like Moss.

I might just be the wierd one, but I root harder for guys like Travis Minor, Robert Edwards, Trent Dilfer...guys who just play their guts out, and/or work their asses off to even get back into the NFL.

Players like Moss, and Owens, guys who have to run their mouths and be a distraction...I could care less if they ever catch another pass.

This is not to discredit David Boston, I think he is a tremendous player, but you have to take a look at where all his yards and recpetions come from. Usually Arizona is out of a lot of ball games early and pass to try and catch up, against prevent-like defenses. Not saying all his yards came this way, and he still had to come up with the ball, and was usually the top target of the defense.

Boston certainly is quite a player, but i think his situation has bloated his numbers, somewhat. I'd still take him in a heartbeat. Let's not forget taht Boston has a lot of baggage, has had a bad attitude, so to speak, since his Ohio State days, he is just less of a public figure than Moss.

I couldn't imagine sports without Owens/Moss type players, where would our entertainment come from when the games are over? All the vanilla responses to the media sickens me, and when a player says what is actually on his mind(a RARETY) he is labelled a cancer, bad apple, jerk. I think they are just telling it like it is, and I have NO problem with that at all, as long as they produce. As soon as they stop producing, shut up, but if they kick ass they deserve to be able to talk.

Back
Top Bottom