Chris Chambers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Chambers

Saint Greg

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What's going on with Chambers this year? 11 catches for 126yrds through 3 games. I drafted him as my 3rd WR in one of my fantasy leagues....thought he was a steal.....he's dropped to last on my depth chart....and i'm about ready to cut him. I'm sure you guys don't care, as long as you win....but from a fantasy standpoint....It's a very bad year for Chambers. Do you guys think his numbers will improve at all? He's on pace for only 58 catches for 672yrds.

There has been no need to throw the ball yet. Once a team finally stops Ricky, and forces Jay to throw, watch the fantasy numbers come......

his #s will improve a bit, but Norv spreads the ball around a lot and teams are keying on CC much more especially trying not to let him go deep.

yeah.....i guess he hasn't thrown a whole lot.....but with nearly 600yrds passing....i would've expected more than 126 to be to his top WR.

I mean....jay is on pace to throw for over 3000 yrds. i would expect more than 600 of them to be to chambers.

Originally posted by dolphan39
his #s will improve a bit, but Norv spreads the ball around a lot and teams are keying on CC much more especially trying not to let him go deep.

I know turner likes to spread it around......run the ball, throw to the TE, etc. But it never hurt Irvins stats in Dallas.

Thats 600 yds passing divided by Chambers, Gadsden, McMichael, Ward, Konrad, Williams, Edwards (7 pass catchers)...

If you are familiar with Norv's offenses you know that he utilizes almost all of his weapons to keep defenses playing honest. I suspect he will have games where he puts up Michael Irvin numbers, and games when he just contributes his share to the overall effort.

Chambers has made a name for himself and defenses are not letting him behind them. Everytime a ball was thrown CC's way yesturday, Chambers looked like he was double-teamed. That leads to McMichael getting one-on-one coverage with linebackers, which he can dominate consistantly. In my opinion, the more McMichael dominates linebackers, the more the safeties are going to have to stay at home, and the less double coverage CC will get. Then watch out.

"It's going to be a great season."
Zack Thomas

Like some body said on another thread....i wouldn't look for anybody, with the exception of RW, to put up huge numbers.....there are just too many options and only so many plays.....when CC is needed he'll respond.......some think that this week could be a big game for him. maybe you should wait one more week before you cut him.....but I would still cut him.

thanks for the insights......I'll probably hang on to him for a little longer....the guys I wanted were already picked up by other teams. I haven't had to start Chambers yet....so as long as i don't have any injuries i'm ok. I also have Mcmichael in both of my leagues. Got him starting over chamberlain in one league and over Freddie Jones in the other. What a steal he was.

CC will probably have a huge game this weekend in KC, I have a feeling they will put a lot of men in the box.

Well Greg I think it comes down to one reason. Teams aren't putting 8 in the box against Ricky yet. We've faced Cover 2/Cover 3 defenses 3 weeks in a row now.

Works fine for us since Ricky just runs over everybody and our games are over 5 minutes before any other game ends lol. It can't keep going on like this though. Teams are going to start going after Ricky harder but I don't think it will be this week as K.C is hurt in the secondary. However K.C's been "givin it up" so Chambers should have a good game (80-90 yards). However in a Turner offense your not going to see those 140 yard recieving days.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Well Greg I think it comes down to one reason. Teams aren't putting 8 in the box against Ricky yet. We've faced Cover 2/Cover 3 defenses 3 weeks in a row now.

Works fine for us since Ricky just runs over everybody and our games are over 5 minutes before any other game ends lol. It can't keep going on like this though. Teams are going to start going after Ricky harder but I don't think it will be this week as K.C is hurt in the secondary. However K.C's been "givin it up" so Chambers should have a good game (80-90 yards). However in a Turner offense your not going to see those 140 yard recieving days.

Haven't been able to catch any of the dolphin games yet. If people aren't putting 8 in the box against Ricky.....they will soon. That's what teams did against us when we had Ricky. Perhaps that's why he's doing so well this year.

Between 91-98 Irvin had 1 season under 1,000yrds. and he missed 5 games that year. Most of the years he had 1,200-1,600yrds. I guess i expected similar production from chambers. Perhaps his stats will go up when people try to stop Ricky. Hopefully that won't happen....I have Ricky in a fantasy league as well.......and i'd be willing to sacrifice a big year by chambers for Ricky to pick up 1,500yrds rushing this year:D

That AVATAR is disturbing, lol

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Teams can't put 8 in a box..we have too many weapons..they know this when they review video tapes..I don't think team know quite what to do yet..we have way more weapons than SD, Norv's last job..so they can't really watch those tapes and get a handle on us...as a matter of fact this O seems way more dynamic than what Norv did in Dallas..If Washington wasn't moving like this O..and I though the skins were exciting on O when Norv was there.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Teams can't put 8 in a box..we have too many weapons..they know this when they review video tapes..I don't think team know quite what to do yet..we have way more weapons than SD, Norv's last job..so they can't really watch those tapes and get a handle on us...as a matter of fact this O seems way more dynamic than what Norv did in Dallas..If Washington wasn't moving like this O..and I though the skins were exciting on O when Norv was there.

If i'm the DC i'll put 8 in the box and force fiedler to beat me before i'll let ricky run all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom