Chris Grier, Brian Flores Happy With Foundation Laid | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier, Brian Flores Happy With Foundation Laid

Same here. Initially I was all in for McCarthy but once he decided to take a year off Flores was my favorite from the rest of the candidates. I was mainly impressed with his scouting background. It's basically like having two GMs pick the talent and you are almost guaranteed that Grier and Flores work hand-in-hand.
BTW...McCarthy interdictory press confidence today was pretty awesome...don’t like Dallas...but enjoyed watching.

i think he’ll do great there.

I know we need to see him to coach in more important games to get a real gauge and be sold once and for all. But I still don’t get why some people don’t find his first year impressive. Shame they want to hate the guy in spite.
He is certainly turning the roster over for the better and I would love to see him emulate BB and go on to win multiple SB's but I bet he does it with a hell of a lot more class.

This yr is gone.. got get stronger better next yr.

I see something in this coach that I haven't seen around here in years, something feels different around here the fact that they got their rear ends handed to them early on and didn't quit speaks volumes. They were a scrappy bunch.

BTW...McCarthy interdictory press confidence today was pretty awesome...don’t like Dallas...but enjoyed watching.

i think he’ll do great there.
McCarthy being in Dallas makes it so much harder to root for him. I am so tired of that invented "America's Team" crap.

I think some of that really comes down to culture... getting team oriented, hungry players to pull together in the ultimate team sport.

...and it is why a primadonna crybaby safety had to go.

He HAD to immerse his players into a team format, not a me me me format.

I know that 'good citizen' and 'culture' are frequently scoffed at around here, but these things are crucial.

We wont win more than 5 without some talent, but look for Flores to bring in guys who have both.

My intent was to not judge either until after or mid 2nd year so I'll stick to that. Finishing the season on the uptick doesn't change my mind. If they would finished the year with 2 or 3 wins I'd still be in wait and see mode.

I think some of that really comes down to culture... getting team oriented, hungry players to pull together in the ultimate team sport.

...and it is why a primadonna crybaby safety had to go.

He HAD to immerse his players into a team format, not a me me me format.

I know that 'good citizen' and 'culture' are frequently scoffed at around here, but these things are crucial.

We wont win more than 5 without some talent, but look for Flores to bring in guys who have both.

I think it’s gonna frustrate people at draft time a bit. I think Flores in HUGE on character and intangibles.

I thought McCarthy lost the Packers a super bowl when he shut down the offense to early 5 or 6 years ago in a playoff game, they were the best team in football that year.

I'm not a fan

As far as Grier and Flores and the foundation, next 2 years will be telling....I am a fan of Flores but still not sure how good a coach he is, lets see when team gear up to beat him and not think he is easy picking. Did a great job with the talent he was handed hope it translates when he is given more.

Back
Top Bottom