Chris Grier, Brian Flores Happy With Foundation Laid | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier, Brian Flores Happy With Foundation Laid

The schedule is much more difficult next year. The Jets will be better next year and Buffalo and the Patriots are better than the Dolphins, even if the Dolphins did beat the Patriots. I hope they win more than 5 games but I expect Fitzpatrick to be the starter and history clearly shows he just isn’t that good. He is basically a backup who can come in and play well for a short period of time as a starter and then he reverts to the mistake prone QB he has been throughout his career.

I would rather them go with Rosen or the QB they draft, if they draft a QB early but Gaily likes to go with veteran QB’s. So I expect Fitzpatrick to be the starter and lead the Dolphins to another 5-11 record and another top 5 pick in the 2021 draft.

As far as having all their draft picks and money to spend in free agency is concerned. As long as it is Grier making those draft picks and signing free agents, I just don’t see this team improving. I have zero confidence his his ability as a talent evaluator and I really don’t see the Dolphins being any better than mediocre at best until they have a better GM making draft decisions.
1) You have no idea how difficult the schedule will be. Teams have so much turnover. Our 2016 schedule looked like it was going to be insanely hard, how'd that turn out? People now say it was soft.
2) You clearly have something against Grier. You'd rather dump him and start all over again rather than give him a shot. Cool.
3) You lose all credibility when saying go with Rosen.

I'm sorry but I don't see much foundation here unless you are referring to Flores himself.

Most of the roster is not top 50% NFL talent. I appreciate the hard work but in reality most of them will be replaced if we are to be competitive

A significant part of the coaching staff is changing.

What "foundation" has do many parts that are moved or replaced?

We gutted the franchise to rebuild. I didn't like it and I like how we're handling it even less.

As a LONG time Dolphins fan I do admire and appreciate how the team competed at the end of the year but I do not see us much better off this year than last - especially because we've put all of our eggs in the Draft basket and even proven organizations do not always have good results in the draft. We have not demonstrated much competence there.

There's no reason this team shouldn't be a wildcard team next season.

You misspoke. There's no SINGLE reason this team shouldn't. But there are maybe 13 reasons!

Wait we're using "reasons" as a metaphor for "starters", right?

You misspoke. There's no SINGLE reason this team shouldn't. But there are maybe 13 reasons!

Wait we're using "reasons" as a metaphor for "starters", right?

What should be the expectation for this season?

Another season where we don't do anything substantive and mentally masturbate that we're improving and moving in the right direction?

At a certain point there needs to be execution

Back
Top Bottom