Chris Grier: "i Didn't Expect Minkah To Be There. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier: "i Didn't Expect Minkah To Be There.

I believe a lot of luck played out for Fitzpatrick to be there. None of his doing. Lucky for Grier, Tannenbaum and Gase that another TOP 5 talent dropped in their laps, 2 out of the last 3 drafts.

When they actually have to make tough calls, we get Charles Harris.

I guess that's it then, the book has been written and the case is closed with Charles Harris. He is a bust and they should cut him now. The things people say on here amaze me sometimes.

I guess that's it then, the book has been written and the case is closed with Charles Harris. He is a bust and they should cut him now. The things people say on here amaze me sometimes.

I hated the Harris pick too.

It would be amazing if Anthony was a player for us along with raekwon.

I don’t think anyone did. He’s a freak and going to be a flat out stud.

If Ryan picks up we’re he left off in 2016 with the added pieces this team has we’ll be battling for the playoffs. Book it.

1 knee injury, not treated properly. same tendon/ligment, no further damage just delay on fixing it. Its not semantics, its facts. The rehab and horse sperm whatever thing he did is for weekend warrior types, not professional athletes. If the dolphins moved on from him because of it I wouldn't fault them because getting your body ready for playing is part of being a professional, see Tom Brady.

There's two ways I think Gase views RT17. Either he loves him and knows what most people with a decent football IQ think, and that is he hasn't been the problem with this team or they have him relatively cheap for what he is for at least another year and we did not value this weak QB class high enough to trade multiple picks. The best prospect as far as talent goes was Josh Allen IMO and I wouldn't even consider him before round two unless I was a team without a QB. I'm pretty sure it's option 1 based on the film from 16.

Not treated properly in hindsight, but a treatment plan that was fully approved by the most reknown sports surgeon in the industry and a host full of doctors and team officials, and Ryan Tannehill himself.

When you do a full rehab and you knee is cleared with the statement that its as strong as its ever been after rehab and even people and coaches talking about his DNA being superhuman . . . . . and then you get hurt again . . . . saying its just one injury is very misleading. Again semantics. He had to do 2 FULL rehabilitations . . . so if you want to consider it "one injury" make sure you don't leave out that part of it.

And Gase absolutely loves Ryan Tannehill . . . he has been quoted saying how he has Ryan playing like a beast in mini camps and early training camp last year . . . you know, on the injured, I mean fixed, I mean injured but fixed knee. He has put the eggs in the Ryan Tannehill basket . . . but that is Adam Gase for you . . . its up to your GM/VP to insure themselves at the most important position in the field and they have failed from that aspect thus far . . . . even if it is "Adam Gase's" draft.

I hated the Harris pick too.

It would be amazing if Anthony was a player for us along with raekwon.

It doesn't matter whether you or anyone else liked or hated the pick. It is just too damn early to determine whether Harris is a good pick or not.

I’m cool with rolling with Ryan some more. None of the QBs this year were can’t miss prospects. I’m not upset we didn’t trade up for a qb that just was meh in college, other than Baker.

I’d want Miami to trade up for a qb when they have a solid team around the kid. Let’s buikd a team and then go all out for a quarterback.

Didn't say that. Tunsil was a day 1 every down starter who was plug and play. Fitzpatrick, without going out on a limb...should be a day 1 plug and play every down starter.

What amazes me is how you don't see the difference.

The Fins FO drafted the BPA.
I applaud the decision instead of getting cute with trades and doing something stupid.
Welcome aboard Minkah

Didn't say that. Tunsil was a day 1 every down starter who was plug and play. Fitzpatrick, without going out on a limb...should be a day 1 plug and play every down starter.

What amazes me is how you don't see the difference.
What amazes me is that you don't understand that Tunsil, who was considered one of the top five prospects in his draft class, fell because of extenuating circumstances. Charles Harris was picked twenty second and was developmental prospect and rotational defensive end who was brought in to help ease the eventual loss of Cam Wake. Nobody knows whether or not Harris was a successful pick or not. It is just too soon to make that determination. You seem to be one of those people who yearned for a QB in the draft. If he didn't start over Tannehill this season would you have been willing to declare him a bust?

Reactions: BSQ
I believe a lot of luck played out for Fitzpatrick to be there. None of his doing. Lucky for Grier, Tannenbaum and Gase that another TOP 5 talent dropped in their laps, 2 out of the last 3 drafts.

When they actually have to make tough calls, we get Charles Harris.

I don't see the top 5 moniker for Tunsil production wise...Yet

What amazes me is that you don't understand that Tunsil, who was considered one of the top five prospects in his draft class, fell because of extenuating circumstances. Charles Harris was picked twenty second and was developmental prospect and rotational defensive end who was brought in to help ease the eventual loss of Cam Wake. Nobody knows whether or not Harris was a successful pick or not. It is just too soon to make that determination. You seem to be one of those people who yearned for a QB in the draft. If he didn't start over Tannehill this season would you have been willing to declare him a bust?

What I seem like is what I've said for years. Tannehill isn't going anywhere, he will get a 10 year window to see what he can be. Just reality. So I have advocated oline and TE even before Tannehill, I made this case under Henne.

And again my original point you took issue with was just a simple fact. Grier and company had 2 TOP 5 talents land in their laps. Just some real fortunate luck. When they are picking in the twenties and have to actually think about it, we get a rotating undersized DE who was underwhelming in his limited snaps as a 1st round draft pick as a rookie.

I don't see the top 5 moniker for Tunsil production wise...Yet

That wasn't the talk on draft day. He was universally recognized as a TOP 5 talent. I would say his rookie year at guard was quite impressive as he grew into a position he had zero familiarity with.

Now his 2nd year and the mess next to him on the interior left a lot to be desired.

If Tannehill goes down again, so does the season. Mason Rudolph isn’t saving next season.

What I seem like is what I've said for years. Tannehill isn't going anywhere, he will get a 10 year window to see what he can be. Just reality. So I have advocated oline and TE even before Tannehill, I made this case under Henne.

And again my original point you took issue with was just a simple fact. Grier and company had 2 TOP 5 talents land in their laps. Just some real fortunate luck. When they are picking in the twenties and have to actually think about it, we get a rotating undersized DE who was underwhelming in his limited snaps as a 1st round draft pick as a rookie.
That's why top 5 talents don't last until the 22nd pick in the draft. They are top 5 talent.

That's why top 5 talents don't last until the 22nd pick in the draft. They are top 5 talent.

And my original point stands. This FO lucked into 2 Top 5 talents because both experienced a slide because of "extenuating circumstances". When faced with making touch decisions, we get a rotational undersized DE with little footprint from his rookie season.

Back
Top Bottom