Chris Grier meets with the media | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier meets with the media

The million dollar question is will Grier draft a qb in the first even if Rosen shows promise? He made it sound like the answer is yes

He said they’d do whatever they felt was best for the team. If a potential franchise QB is staring them in the face and it’s still unclear whether Rosen is one himself, it is certainly wise to still draft that QB then sort it out later.

The team needs a viable backup regardless. If whomever loses the QB battle looks promising enough, they can do what the Patriots did with Jimmy G a couple years ago and trade him.

Chris Grier addressed the media yesterday and that was a big deal. Why? Unlike Jeff Ireland who ran and hid in his office for the entire season while the team stunk up the field, Grier came out and explained to the fans and media what's going on. I don't think there are too many Dolphin fans out there now who do not have a better understanding of what has been taking place with this organization the last couple of weeks. I am not crowning him as the next Ozzie Newsome, but this is the was a GM should act. Again, I wished he was more reassuring in regards to Josh Rosen's future here, but I guess we can't have everything. I am convinced they are not done wheeling and dealing. After watching the New England game for about the 4th time, I came to the conclusion that Grier has put together a lot of good 2nd team players on this team. During the next off-season he feels he can plug in what I believe to be 8 new starters with Free agency and the draft combined. His biggest problem right now, is that 1) He has put himself in apposition where he has to hit on EVERY pick in the first 3 rounds. 2)He better hope that Flores is a decent NFL HC.

Yep, he should be praised for these trades. It's been a long time since we've been on the very lopsided favorable side of a trade.

There will be plenty of time to debate what to do with all of these picks, but for now, scouting needs to do their jobs and these personnel gurus (like McKenzie) need to figure out how not to miss on these picks.

To me, a really disappointing (and very Dolphins) outcome will be not landing the #1 overall and then trading a lot of this draft capital to go up and get a QB at #1. I just don't think that kind of can't-miss prospect exists this year, though there are some solid options.

Yep, he should be praised for these trades. It's been a long time since we've been on the very lopsided favorable side of a trade.

There will be plenty of time to debate what to do with all of these picks, but for now, scouting needs to do their jobs and these personnel gurus (like McKenzie) need to figure out how not to miss on these picks.

To me, a really disappointing (and very Dolphins) outcome will be not landing the #1 overall and then trading a lot of this draft capital to go up and get a QB at #1. I just don't think that kind of can't-miss prospect exists this year, though there are some solid options.
The question is really if fans want a QB for the Dolphins or just the QB they want. Some of you are setting yourselves up for a huge disappointment if the Dolphins decide to stick with Rosen because they see something in him and not draft a QB.

The question is really if fans want a QB for the Dolphins or just the QB they want. Some of you are setting yourselves up for a huge disappointment if the Dolphins decide to stick with Rosen because they see something in him and not draft a QB.

For sure. Personally I'm ok with them hedging their bets on a QB - for example rolling with Rosen for a year before drafting another in 2021 (OR also taking one in 2020 if there's someone in your lap but without hemorrhaging picks to trade up).

While I want them to act with conviction if they believe someone is the next Brady/Brees/Rodgers, the cost of being wrong on that (in a trade-up scenario) is huge and will set us back another decade. See Sanchez, Mark.

How all these picks are used to a) solve the QB situation and b) build up the talent on this roster is going to be the Grier's success or failing.

I’m starting to like Grier more and more. Straight forward, didn’t side step the questions and everyone is on the same page - next year: spend a ton of money in free agency and hit the draft hard.

Let’s just root for Pittsburgh and Houston to flop this year.
Yes but he can’t draft any more Charles Harris types in rounds 1 and 2.

For sure. Personally I'm ok with them hedging their bets on a QB - for example rolling with Rosen for a year before drafting another in 2021 (OR also taking one in 2020 if there's someone in your lap but without hemorrhaging picks to trade up).

While I want them to act with conviction if they believe someone is the next Brady/Brees/Rodgers, the cost of being wrong on that (in a trade-up scenario) is huge and will set us back another decade. See Sanchez, Mark.

How all these picks are used to a) solve the QB situation and b) build up the talent on this roster is going to be the Grier's success or failing.
That is a possibility. Right now the way it looks they are trying to bring Rosen along slowly. They never made a secret out of it that this is their plan. If they feel Rosen could be the guy they are better off upgrading the surrounding cast then going after a QB. If Rosen blows in 2020 or turns out not to be the guy they can always address the QB in the 2021 draft.
I think the big miscalculation right now is that we have Fitz-tragic rather than Fitz-magic for a couple of games. But despite that they probably wait at least another game or two for Rosen to become the starter.

Yes but he can’t draft any more Charles Harris types in rounds 1 and 2.

No finish but at least he’s drawing some holding calls.

Also seems to be the only edge guy getting even remotely any extra attention.

The million dollar question is will Grier draft a qb in the first even if Rosen shows promise? He made it sound like the answer is yes
Which I think is smart, if you've got convictions on someone available to you.

This is what I'm currently 'rooting for'. May be a long shot, but I don't think Rosen is out of the picture.

This is what I'm currently 'rooting for'. May be a long shot, but I don't think Rosen is out of the picture.
Since we do not know the inner workings of the Dolphins we can only go by what is visible to us. And that is that they are trying to get Rosen to the point of being a starter. Until they give up on him he is in play.

Since we do not know the inner workings of the Dolphins we can only go by what is visible to us. And that is that they are trying to get Rosen to the point of being a starter. Until they give up on him he is in play.

In terms of ability, I don't think Rosen has any less of a chance of panning out than a Fromm or Herbert. So yeah, I'm rooting for Rosen to be the guy and being able to use all that draft capital to fleece someone looking for a QB and then picking up several blue-chippers.

That being said, from a mental makeup standpoint, Rosen has a high probability of flaming out amidst the turmoil engulfing this organization right now. Strikes me as a guy that needs stability & ego-stroking....kind of knowing he's the guy. Otherwise he might just get disinterested.

Back
Top Bottom